Writer - Temporary
438 University Avenue, Suite 1900 Toronto, ON M5G 2K8
- Work in collaboration with staff and external partners to write, edit, and/or proofread communication materials, including but not limited to website content, educational and professional resources, advisories, e-blasts, social media posts, briefing documents, announcements, and reports.
- Work with project coordinators with respect to project timing and quality control including copyediting, translation, design and production.
- Recommend improvements regarding the content, planning process and editorial quality of organization-wide communications projects/plans and special initiatives.
- Support the organization on communication messaging to external stakeholders including members, employers, government, and the media. Ensure messaging aligns with the organization’s strategic priorities and its mandate to protect the public interest.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to gather information about the purpose, audience, tone and content for internal and external communications pieces.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree, preferably majoring in English or Journalism.
- Proficient in MS Office programs with emphasis on Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Knowledge of Constant Contact, SharePoint, HTML and basic web editing.
- Understanding of legislation, regulations and policies and their application to the College.
- Organizational and time-management skills, detail-oriented and ability to multi-task and prioritize projects to meet program needs.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) to develop and prepare a variety of communication products.
- Experience writing concisely and clearly to explain complicated ideas or technical information.
- Ability to think creatively about different ways to write, present and share information.
- Familiarity with Canadian Press Style Guide.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience writing and editing a variety of communications (e.g. strategic planning documents, website content, educational and professional resources, advisories, e-blasts, social media posts, briefing documents, announcements, and reports).
- Experience producing communications products for government, the broader public sector and/or the regulatory sector.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: CCEresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.