Wealth Operations Officer, Reconciliations (Banking)
77 Bloor St W Toronto, Ontario M5S
Our client, a leading financial institution, is looking for a Wealth Operations Officer, Reconciliations (Banking) to join their team for a 6 month contract!
Opportunity Number: #63638
Location: 77 Bloor Street West, Toronto
Pay Rate: $22.39/hr
Contract Duration: 6 month contract
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm
Must have good credit history and clear criminal record
- Timely and accurate reconciliation of accounts, exception identification, distribution and reporting across a variety of Wealth products (ex. Mutual funds, GIC, Equities, FX, Corporate Actions, etc)
- Investigation and accurate break assignment of Cash, Suspense, and Position breaks and exceptions– ensure that root cause is understood, tracked and resolved.
- Ensure prompt and efficient resolution of cash/position breaks, across a variety of product classes. This involves research into causes of discrepancies via Review of trade information on various Wealth systems (ex. ISM, Mpower, SEI, etc)
- Investigate and resolve reconciliation issues and delays, ensure prompt/efficient resolution of breaks across a variety of Wealth products and Wealth Business groups to avoid any loss to the bank or our clients
- Ensure reconciliation activities meet all internal and external regulatory/audit requirements and satisfy all internal control standards. (E.g. IIROC, SOX).
- Prepare month-end reconciliation reports for Finance, regulatory reporting and audit
- Participate in testing and implementing new or enhanced processes and other process improvement initiatives
- Collaborate with Settlements, Operations, and Technology teams to review entries posted to the ledger, contain pertinent data required for improved matching, research and investigation
- Be dedicated in identifying any process gaps, identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes and operational efficiency.
- Foster an innovation culture and mindset by challenging the status quo and identifying efficiencies
- Daily collaboration with cross functional teams and partners - Work with areas such other Operations, Business Architecture, Technology, and Wealth Front office Business lines to resolve trade discrepancies
- Develop and maintain sound working relationships with internal groups across Wealth Shared Services
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for innovation and simplification
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of business partners with differing levels of product experience
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability
- Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Commitment to excellence and client service
- A General understanding of the trading business and a wide range of Wealth/Capital Market Products (e.g. Mutual Funds, GICs, Options, Foreign Exchange, Equities, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, coupled with the ability to learn and apply skills to new software programs/technology (VBA, Macro experience is considered as an asset).
- Previous experience in a Wealth Business or Operations role is an asset
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Accounting, Mathematics or related field required
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: BMRresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.