Warehouse Supervisor - Day Shift
2160 Buckingham Road Oakville, ON L6L 6M7
Position: Warehouse Supervisor – Day Shift
Salary: $55K to $58K plus benefits & RRSP
Hours: 8:30AM to 5:00PM
Our client in Oakville has over forty years of experience in logistics/distribution including transportation, warehousing, and all associated information support systems. They are a third-party logistics company looking for a Warehouse Supervisor who has experience in the industry to work with a friendly, upbeat team.
You will build and run a world-class, R5 Warehouse Operation and service customer through a model of trust-based flexibility. You must have in depth knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Transportation Management System (TMS) to attain desired productivity goals ensuring Key Performance Indicators (KPI) are met as related to order fulfillment, shipment, on time receiving and customer service.
Conestoga College graduate are welcome to apply!
If you enjoy working in a structured environment where high quality customer service is a priority, this may be the role for you!
- Ensure the team lives up to the company's Missions and the Trust-based Flexibility business model;
- Assists Manager in coordinating the day to day activities in the DC
- Ensuring all resources are utilized efficiently
- Ensure all orders are processed and shipped on time: at 99.9%;
- Distribution fill rate: 100%
- Operate at 99.9% inventory accuracy or higher.
- Establish and execute a weekly audit procedure of processes and procedures (1 per day / 5 per week). Full reporting of the results and develop/benchmark where we should be performing at and ensure through training we meet the targeted goals;
- Investigate inquiries or complaints regarding warehouse service issues, taking corrective actions
- Measure, Report and Achieve productivity 100% of Targets.
- Ensure formal observations are conducted at the frequency outlined on the DOR (Begin at 1 per month and move to 1 per week within 6 months).
- Ensure lost time is analyzed and opportunity for process improvement is identified and acted upon;
- Ensure a daily Start-up meeting is conducted and recorded (with afternoon shift as well at 12:00 PM)
- Today Report for the next working day must be completed before the end of shift daily
- Work plan needs to be outlined and staffing needs to be ordered
- Develop and maintain an employee Skills Matrix.
- Develop and Maintain an employee training Matrix
- Responsible for monitoring all aspects of the safety policies to ensure a clean and safe working environment
- Maintain work instructions and revised changes needs to be maintained as we automate and make operational changes
- 5 plus years working in a Supervisory role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics is an asset
- Professional Designation (CITT or P.Log) would be an asset
- Proactive with problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Service orientated with strong customer service skills and commitment to quality
- Ability to work overtime
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; especially in Excel
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job #60495 View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.