Triage Analyst (Banking)
3500 Steeles Ave E Toronto, Ontario L3R
Our client, a leading financial institution, is looking for a Triage Analyst to join their team for a 3-month contract!
Job Title: Triage Analyst
Location: Border of Scarborough/Markham - Victoria Park Avenue @ Steeles Avenue East
Pay Rate: $18.24/hour
Contract Duration: 3 months, with the possibility of extension
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, rotating shifts between 7:00am and 8:00pm (occasional Saturdays required from 7:00am to 4:00pm)
Summary: The main functions of a Triage Analyst is to optimize credit opportunities by adjudicating, structuring, packaging and authorizing credit within designated limits while providing a high level of customer service to our business partners
- Review mortgage applications and determine if it's fit to go onto the Underwriting stage.
- Does not approve the deals but goes through a checklist to make sure all documentation is there for the next level and Must have Credit product experience/knowledge.
- Supports the distribution of credit applications and rushes to Credit Analysts and Credit Assistants for Branch Banking and MMS based on direction from the Triage team, urgency, length of time deal has been in queue.
- Responsible for the identification of trends, forecasting, monitoring and controlling daily work flow.
- Responsible for providing leadership in order for the Unit to meet and/or exceed service level agreements and as such requires impact and influence capabilities.
- Willingness to develop Triage skills for both MMS and Branch Banking.
- Monitoring of all Generic Email Inboxes and execute tasks as assigned.
- Mortgage documentation review and assessment.
- Knowledge of products, end-to-end processes and systems an asset.
- Identify and communicate forecasting, trends and daily work flow.
- Knowledge and understanding of the operating environment, business process and procedures, and transaction lifecycle (e.g., processing environment, applications, software, hardware, products).
- Moderate complexity in operational / reporting / process and/or analysis.
- Understanding of the overall queue function and/or businesses supported.
- Moderate credit limit authorization required for credit adjudication as required.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and critical thinking
- Basic ability to work independently and manage ones time
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related financial software
- Credit adjudication knowledge/experience
Education/Experience: 0-2 years financial and/or accounting experience required.