Superintendent (Live in)
99 Howard Street Toronto, ON M4X 1K1
Compensation: $28,000 annually + 1000 Square Foot 2 Bedroom Apartment + Parking Spot + Storage Unit + Vacation + Benefits
Location: Downtown Toronto
Our client, a property management company is looking for a Superintendent to live on site at one of their downtown locations. Under the direction of the Property Manager, the successful candidate will oversee the co-ordination of all work necessary to maintain the property.
This offer would include a 1000 square foot 2-bedroom apartment, parking spot and storage unit!
- Serve all legal documentation pertaining to non-payment of rent and/or further Landlord-Tenant litigation as directed by the Property Manager
- Each staff member is to be wholly responsible for master keys in his/ her possession.
- Whenever the master key is used for emergencies, an incident report must be filed
- Staff on duty is required to lock up laundry rooms, recreation areas, locker rooms and ensure all mechanical and exit doors are secure within the prescribed time frames
- Staff is to be thoroughly familiar with emergency procedures and must keep the emergency numbers posted at all times
- In the event of an emergency where the Property Manager is unavailable, the Superintendent will assume all responsibilities for ensuring the proper sub-trade is contacted and to follow-up until the situation is rectified
- Staff is responsible for the opening and locking of apartment doors for maintenance and service personnel when entry by the tenant has been duly authorized
- Complete incoming and outgoing inspection forms
- Inspect any decorating of suites
- Check all vacant apartments weekly
- Maintain accurate stock control records
- Discuss with Property Manager for requisition of supplies
- Assist in maintaining parking control
- Notify tenants regarding parcel deliveries
- Ensure daily maintenance of compactor room, garbage chute rooms, elevators, hallways and stairwells, garage and airlocks, storage rooms, en-suite, common area and exterior
- Investigate and record all fire log requirements including daily, weekly, and monthly entries
- Monthly on duty schedules to be filled out and submitted to the Property Manager.
- Provide additional assistance during staff’s vacations, as required.
- 5 years’ experience as a Superintendent in a residential setting
- Mechanical background
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
- Experience with supervising and motivating individuals
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Ability to demonstrate patience and diplomacy with tenants
- Able to work long hours
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: CCEResume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.