Solidworks Designer - North York
97 Wingold Ave North York, ON M6B 1P8
Solidworks Designer – North York
Salary ranging from $60,000 to $75,000 + Benefits + Vacation Time!!
Our client, a privately-owned Canadian contract furniture manufacturer is looking for a Solidworks Designer. In this role, you will be required to produce detailed drawings and bills of material for fabricated equipment. If you are an experienced Solidworks Designer within the furniture design industry and a strong ability to multitask, then we want to hear from you!
- Production of detail drawing and bills of material for fabricated equipment
- Ensure that all drawings created are to the client and company standards
- Meet the requirements of ECO process, ISO and other process standards
- Update existing Specials Drawing Database based on recent approved Engineering Change
- Generating and support ECR for Specials Group
- Update obsolete / out of date drawings for maintenance
- Create Specials Installation Guide as per directed by Specials Designer / Engineer Team
- Liase / Support Manufacturing ensuring the proper manufacturing process is captured on drawing.
- Liase with Supplier as required ensuring drawing reflects supplier manufacturing capabilities.
- Provide quality control of drawing information by checking the work of other CAD (Solidworks) Drafter
- Use Solidworks PDM system to check in completed drawing and approve revision control
- 5+ years of Solid Works experience
- 5+ years of drafting/ detailing
- Strong knowledge of woodworking is a must
- Knowledge of Solidworks and CAD
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Solidworks Certification is an asset
- Experience in a wood/cabinetry fabrication environment is an asset
- Must have thorough knowledge of drafting principles
- Experience with wood design for manufacturing
- Extensive knowledge with MS Office Applications
- Excellent communication and writing skills
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: DPNresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.