Senior Procurement & Inventory Specialist
2880 Argentia Road, Unit 8&9 Mississauga, ON L5N 7X8 | Direct Hire
Position: Senior Procurement & Inventory Specialist
Location: North Central Mississauga
Salary: Up to $80,000 depending on experience, 3 weeks' vacation, Benefits & Profit Sharing
Hours: 9am to 5pm
Our client is in the business of finding solutions for customers and users of wireless network technology, providing installation and other professional services. They are a Canadian privately- owned organization where management takes an active part in the success of the business. Their philosophy is to 'work hard/play hard'!
Their culture suits individuals who have a strong work ethic and a 'whatever it takes' attitude. This is a very rewarding position if you like to fit into a small close-knit team/office. Are you good with building relationships, proficient using systems, accurate at data entry, detail oriented and willing to learn?
We are looking for a thorough and focused procurement professional who can handle tight deadlines with a calm demeanour to stay on top of things!
The Senor Procurement & Inventory Specialist will report to the Operations Support Manager and be responsible for ensuring inventory requirements are met and issuing PO’s based on minimum quantity-on-hand level. SAP implementation at end of this year so knowledge of SAP is very helpful.
This position may evolve into a leadership role managing a small group of office staff in the day to day operation side of the business.
- Monitoring incoming order inventory requirements and issuing PO’s based on minimum quantity-on-hand levels
- Responsible for standard replenishment and one time custom purchases
- Maintaining master order schedule to ensure timely follow-up procedures are undertaken to meet all target ship dates
- Monitor and adjust stock levels to ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained
- Coordinate the purchasing needs of multiple departments
- Preparation and maintenance of open order reports (Customers & Vendors)
- Participate in supplier evaluation and assessments related to quality, on-time delivery and cost
- Consistent monitoring of contracts (Customers & Vendors) for compliance
- Recommend, implement, and administer methods and procedures to enhance operations
- 7-10 years related experience in purchasing and inventory control
- Background in Distribution not Manufacturing is a good fit
- University or College degree / diploma in a Purchasing-related program
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Accurate data entry, proficiency in software; SAP is an asset
- Experience managing a small office team is an asset
- Willingness to learn and accept new challenges
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work to meet deadlines and multiple demands
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job# 59567
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.