Senior Manager, Taxation
22 St. Clair Ave. East, Suite 800 Toronto, ON M4T 2S5 | Direct Hire
Senior Manager, Taxation
Salary up to $130,000 + Terrific Bonus + Pension Plan + Employee Shares + Full Benefits + 3 Weeks Vacation!!
Our client, one of Canada’s most prominent real estate investment firms, seeks a Senior Manager, Taxation to join their busy and dynamic team. The Senior Manager, Taxation will work closely with various departments to ensure tax compliance of the organization’s largest property portfolio. The successful candidate will manage the overall tax reporting cycle as well as the quarterly financial statement reporting process and government tax audits. If you have excellent communication and organizational skills and a background in real estate taxation, then we would like to hear from you!
- Manage the tax reporting cycle of the portfolio including government tax returns and book-to-file review.
- Review of REIT status testing on a quarterly basis and monitoring activity to ensure REIT status is maintained.
- Manage the quarterly financial statement reporting process including review of financial statement tax notes and responding to requests from external auditors.
- Assist the Senior Director with the completion of the quarterly tax management report.
- Manage government tax audits including the preparation of information to be provided to Canadian tax authorities.
- Prepare frequent forecasts of taxable income to ensure adequate distributions are paid annually.
- Maintain real estate and partnership tax attributes.
- Manage, coach and develop a tax analyst.
- Implement and document processes and controls with a continuous improvement mindset and utilize technology whenever possible.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Senior Director which may include performing tax research, preparing tax memoranda or assisting with presentations to the business or tax team.
- Designated Chartered Professional Accountant or equivalent with 4+ years of experience in a comparable real estate tax role.
- CICA In-Depth Tax Course or Masters of Taxation Degree completed or in progress.
- Experience in preparing partnership and trust returns, tax research, preparing memoranda, and partnering with non-tax colleagues.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to liaise with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with a proven ability to handle multiple priorities and see projects to completion.
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and colleagues to deliver results.
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to LDCResume@bagg.com.
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.