Securities Payment Officer (Banking)
4120 Yonge St Toronto, Ontario M2P
Our client, a leading Canadian banking institution, is looking for Securities Payment Officer to join their team.
Pay Rate: $ 18/Hr
Location: North York
Duration: 6 Month Contract
Hours: 8AM - 4:30PM Mon - Fri
Must have good credit score and clear criminal record
The Securities Payment Operations team is responsible for the efficient, effective, accurate and timely processing of wire payments. The Payment Operations team consists of exception processing, controls and regulation management, investigations, payments Help Desk and an operational improvement team, the entire group resides within Global Operations and Business Services (GOBS) and is part of
- Serve clients as required – adhere to Service Level Agreements
- Prioritize and manage own workload to meet SLA requirements for service and productivity targets.
- Complete investigations – report / escalate risk issues identified or process gaps.
- Complete transaction processing or other processing activities.
- Process transactions accurately and on time.
- Must display highly professional phone handling manners; along with sound judgment and decision making skills
- Effective time-management skills, problem-solving skills and multitasking abilities
- Providing immediate response, support and assistance to partners on the phones
- Sharing knowledge with business partners by accurately responding to queries and effectively communicating the information required to secure resolution
- Escalate processing issues where necessary to ensure a high level of service is maintained.
- Keeping up to date on all product, policy and procedure updates and changes
- and internal service delivery standards.
- Identify opportunities to improve service delivery, support process improvement initiatives.
- Follow firm and industry regulations and operating practices in completing and recording transactions for either the firm, or clients.
- Escalate non-standard or high risk transactions or other activities as appropriate.
- Ensure documentation prepared / completed is accurate and properly reflects client / business intentions and is consistent with relevant rules / regulations.
- Access systems, know and apply system capabilities, ensure upload / download of information is completed timely and accurately.
- Assist in analysis, development, testing and implementation of operating and process improvements.
- Participate fully as a member of the team, promote team effectiveness and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Support the team by continuously developing knowledge in own area.
- Participate in performance management and development activities.
- Maybe required to assist and keep others informed and up-to-date about the status/progress of projects and all relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities.
- Multitasking, problem solving abilities
- Finance/ banking experience (2+ years)
- Computer savvy - MS Office
- Organized and attention to detail
- Team player
- Canadian Securities Course (an asset)
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to:
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.