35 Grand Marshall Drive Toronto, ON M1B 5W9
Salary up to 90k + Vacation + Benefits!
Our client, a manufacturer of safety and packaging products in Asia is seeking a seeking a Purchasing Manager to join their team located in East Toronto. In this role you would be supporting distributors and customers by managing the company’s purchasing operations in various locations overseas. If you have experience forecasting month-long timelines, excellent client management skills, and previous experience purchasing in a management role, then we would like to hear from you!
- Plan, organize, and coordinate all purchasing activity (ordering, receipt, stocking etc.)
- Stay current on market conditions to forecast material and equipment costs and availability
- Maintain company policy by reviewing purchase order claims and contracts
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment
- Resolve claims against suppliers as well as any contractor or vendor grievances
- Develop and implement purchasing policies and procedures as well as contract management instructions
- Communicate and follow up with suppliers and clients regarding order specifications, quality, quantity, condition, and maintenance
- Negotiate with vendors in formulating contracts to secure advantageous pricing and terms
- Forecast future needs and inventory levels in advance to ensure accuracy of delivery timelines in addition to overseeing sales demand, shelf life, and available warehouse space
- Control purchasing department budgets
- Experience purchasing from overseas suppliers such as China or other locations in Asia
- Proven ability to forecast inventory needs months in advance to maintain inventory levels
- Minimum 5 years of purchasing experience at the management level
- Strong initiative and attention to detail
- Experience in plastic, rubber, and packaging products
- Experience in a biotechnology or biosciences industry would be an asset, but not required
- Familiarity with MS Office and inventory management ERP software.
- Excellent time management with the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, and expertise in building relationships
- Strong market awareness, financial acumen and analytical capabilities
- Proficiency in Mandarin would be an asset
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to DPNresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.