Senior Procurement Agent
2880 Argentia Road, Unit 8&9 Mississauga, ON L5N 7X8 | Direct Hire
Position: Senior Procurement Agent
Location: North Central Mississauga
Salary: $80,000, 3 weeks' vacation, Benefits & Profit Sharing
Hours: 9am to 5pm
Our client is in the business of finding solutions for customers and users of wireless network technology, providing installation and other professional services. They are a Canadian privately- owned organization where management takes an active part in the success of the business. Their philosophy is to 'work hard/play hard'!
Their culture suits individuals who have a strong work ethic and a 'whatever it takes' attitude. This is a very rewarding position if you like to fit into a small close-knit team/office. Are you good with building relationships, proficient using systems, accurate at data entry, detail oriented and willing to learn?
We are looking for a thorough and focused procurement professional who can handle tight deadlines with a calm demeanour to stay on top of things!
The Senior Procurement Agent will report to the Operations Support Manager and be responsible for ensuring inventory requirements are met and issuing PO’s based on minimum quantity-on-hand level. SAP implementation at end of this year so knowledge of SAP is very helpful.
This position may evolve into a leadership role managing a small group of office staff in the day to day operation side of the business.
- Monitoring incoming order inventory requirements and issuing PO’s based on minimum quantity-on-hand levels
- Responsible for standard replenishment and one time custom purchases
- Maintaining master order schedule to ensure timely follow-up procedures are undertaken to meet all target ship dates
- Monitor and adjust stock levels to ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained
- Coordinate the purchasing needs of multiple departments
- Preparation and maintenance of open order reports (Customers & Vendors)
- Participate in supplier evaluation and assessments related to quality, on-time delivery and cost
- Consistent monitoring of contracts (Customers & Vendors) for compliance
- Recommend, implement, and administer methods and procedures to enhance operations
- 7-10 years related experience in purchasing and inventory control
- Background in Distribution not Manufacturing is a good fit
- University or College degree / diploma in a Purchasing-related program
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Accurate data entry, proficiency in software; SAP is an asset
- Experience managing a small office team is an asset
- Willingness to learn and accept new challenges
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work to meet deadlines and multiple demands
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job# 59567
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.