Production Shift Supervisor
145 Edward St Mississauga, ON L4G 1W3
Position: Production Shift Supervisor
Shift: 3 shifts – rotating every two weeks (7am to 3pm, 3pm to 11pm & 11pm to 7am)
Location: Aurora, ON.
Salary: Up to $75,000
Perks: Yearly bonus up to 9%, RRSP matching 100% up to 6% of earnings
Competitive Benefits - Drug, Dental & Enhanced Health Care
Our client has a track record of promoting from within. A large majority of their staff is long tenured. They are one of the largest manufacturers of cap and closure lining materials and freshness seals in the world. These packaging products are used in the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industry. This global packaging company is currently growing and looking to add an experienced Production Shift Supervisor to their team.
- Direct reports include approximately 30 hourly unionized employees.
- Works closely with the Buyer/Planner, Customer Service Representatives, Plant Accountant and the Plant Manager coordinating activities and communication to manufacturing personnel.
- Responsible for the health and safety for the plant employees, as well as quality, costs, scrap and process improvements.
- Coordinates all inventory/activities to enable full traceability of all materials used in manufacturing.
- Organize daily shift communication meetings at the start of each shift to include all employees on topics of safety, quality, on time delivery, machine schedules, attainment and shift hand off issues.
- Ensure plant shift has continuous supervision on the floor to be coordinated with other Shift Supervisor and/or Plant Manager.
- Monitor attendance and ensure appropriate labour to run machine schedules.
- Ensure attainment levels per machine and as per schedule are met on a timely basis with full warranty required.
- Commitment to produce food safe articles while adhering to the responsibilities required by product safety, legality, regulatory compliance, and quality systems.
- Ensure all safety issues are reported, communicated and acted upon in a timely manner.
- Communicate all employee concerns and situations to Management, complete with recommendations to resolve for improvement.
- Ensure any quality issues are brought to the attention of Quality Control Manager, Plant Manager, Scheduling and that all employees respond to the prevention of customer exposure to defective materials by following procedures and test requirements.
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts (days, afternoons & midnights)
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- Flexible packaging or converting industry experience
- Able to organize work/people/processes to meet customer requirements on an urgent basis if needed
- Reasonably strong computer skills; Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to work as part of a team, as a member and a leader
- Licensed to operate a tow motor and propane forklift, reach truck and clamp truck
- Certified JHSC safety training
- Previous experience with union relations
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to LSFresume@bagg.com quoting job #64293
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.