Production Shift Supervisor - Afternoons
130 Glidden Road Brampton, ON L6W 3M8
Location: Brampton, ON
Salary: $68K - $72K (depending on experience) + full employer paid benefits and matched pension
Days: Monday to Friday (overtime on weekends is very occasional)
Perks: Tuition Re-imbursement
Vacation: 2 weeks plus 4 Floater Days
Our Brampton client is a world-class global leader offering a unique manufacturing experience with interesting work. This well-managed company has very little competition in Canada, and offers a state of the art manufacturing facility. They recognize the benefit of implementing change to remain competitive within the global market.
This location can boast NO LOST TIME ACCIDENT in 3 years.
Our client is currently seeking a Production Shift Supervisor to join their dynamic team. Reporting to the Production Manager, the successful candidate will be a strong leader for all hourly employees on a shift, ensuring business objectives are met efficiently and in a safely manner.
If you are a highly motivated individual with experience in Lean Manufacturing Initiatives, this is the right opportunity for you! Experience in a unionized environment is an asset.
This position requires availability for afternoon and night shifts as needed but starts on afternoons – 2pm to 10:30pm supervising 15-20 plant staff from various depts.
- Monitors and manages daily work assignments of multiple departments on the afternoon or night shift in a timely and efficient manner ensuring completion of daily production priorities minimizing Work in Process (WIP) and contributing to the Company’s sustainability efforts.
- Ensures compliance of all Governmental and company’s environmental, health & safety policies and procedures through daily inspections, monthly employee meetings and safe work practices.
- Resolves all EH&S non-conformances that are reported, determined by audits and in-house inspections.
- Manage off-shift maintenance staff to achieve effective preventive maintenance program.
- In conjunction with Human Resources, ensures departmental compliance with Collective Agreement and all Company Policies and Procedures and where required, enforcing discipline.
- Manage a safe and effective plant start-up and shutdown.
- Supervisory responsibility includes but is not limited to providing training, coaching, managing absences and resolving employee issues and concerns.
- Actively seeks out opportunities for continuous improvement cost reduction, minimizing waste and makes recommendations to Production Manager; involved in implementing Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Work with department supervisors and purchasing coordinator regarding the replenishment and ordering of departmental supplies and materials to ensure sufficient materials needed for production on all shifts.
- Performs other job-related tasks as required.
- University Degree or College Diploma in a technical or engineering field; a minimum of college level Chemistry course required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Production Supervisor role within a unionized manufacturing environment; capable of providing strong leadership to a production team with a focus on meeting production goals and Company objectives.
- Must have experience Lean Manufacturing, 5S and ISO.
- Experience with ball mills, screeners and blenders an asset.
- Experience within a metal refining, mining, metals, foundry, chemical compounding plant, petrochemical or plating industry.
- Solid working knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety and Employment Standards Act
- Excellent time management skills; able to prioritize work and ensure task completion
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work shift work and weekends to provide shift coverage required.
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job #58896
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.