Product Engineer (Architectural Building Products)
290 Humberline Drive Etobicoke, ON M9W 2Z4
Location: Finch & 427
Salary: $70K - $90K depending on experience + benefits, profit sharing and bonus
Our client has been a Canadian-based manufacturer and supplier of building products for many decades. They currently have four manufacturing facilities and many sales centres across Canada which provide leading services to the North American architectural and building market. They hire professionals who are self-directed, embrace change and bring exceptional work ethic to the job every day.
The Product Manager is a newly created ‘hybrid’ role and will support the Director of Marketing. Do you enjoy figuring out client needs and determining what changes in product designs are necessary to be competitive?
Do you have experience in marketing within the construction or building products industry? Are you an engineer with an MBA who can 'hit the ground running'?
Are you an analytical individual with knowledge of engineering or architecture?
If you want to work in a small knit team and be able to wear many hats, this is the place for you!
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying and conducting the research needed to obtain market information.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products and develop appropriate product marketing plans.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing and communication objectives and creating required items.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and operations, managing process through to launch and review.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Manages existing product lines, identifies rationalization opportunities and completes product rationalization processes
- Develop marketing product documentation, catalogs, brochures and all support items required per product
- Duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time in order to support efficient company operations.
- Post-secondary diploma – Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering.
- Minimum 7 years work experience in a product management or customer-facing role within the construction or building products industry.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS office suite: i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; AutoCAD an asset.
- Ability to perform numerical analysis, using data from a variety of sources.
- Must be results oriented and have the demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize workflow.
- Must have a professional demeanour with an exceptional command of the English language, advanced communication skills (verbal and written) and a superior technical manner. Bilingual (English, French) an asset
- High level of organization and project coordination skills, including managing technical details, budget and expenditure control/tracking
- Able to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Experience working on technical products, architects an asset
- Strong attention to detail, work under pressure and manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Flexible with a high tolerance for distractions and interruptions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and/or conduct presentations
- Will be required to wear protective equipment in designated areas such as: hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection and steel toed safety shoes.
- May be exposed to heat and humidity, load noise levels and exposure to dust.
- Able to occasionally lift items as heavy as 40 lbs
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Overtime as required
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job #61275
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.