Procurement Specialist - Contract
Toronto, ON M5G 2J3
Our client in the government sector is looking for a Procurement Specialist to join their team. The successful candidate will have demonstrated knowledge and skills in a providing strategic and technical procurement advice, and is well-versed in the ethics, industry standards, legalities, best practices and procedures in public procurement. If you have professional experience in a senior public procurement role, can work with minimum supervision in a fast paced, flexible, challenging, progressive environment and have demonstrated skills to manage the complete RFP process, this may be the role for you!
- Assist the PU with current workload requirements
- Develop and identify the appropriate documentation and processes to procure various goods and/or services;
- Critical attention to detail is required for the preparation and/or review of bid documents;
- A solid understanding to administer RFP evaluation process, written criteria and forms, user guides, weighting and ratings and the facilitation of the process to ensure a fair and transparent process;
- A solid understanding to write various procurement documents (RFT, RFP, RFQ, RFS, RFI, Pre-qualification)
- Facilitate the competitive procurement process and resulting contract negotiations, ensuring best practices are followed, all required technical and financial evaluations are completed, approval procedures and compliance requirements are adhered to, and contracts are properly executed and dispensed;
- Understanding of specification writing, scope of work;
- Consult and communicate with all levels of management and staff regarding procurement, its functions, policies, procedures, purchasing methods in compliance with policy, regulatory compliance.
- Evaluates, critiques, and continuously supports and contributes to the development of innovative strategies that drive continuous improvement and client value;
- Responsible for the development of procurement strategies, through consultation with clients, to achieve project objectives;
- Special projects or other duties as assigned;
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service.
- Ability to prepare, review and understand complex documents (e.g. contracts, proposals, tenders, terms and conditions);
- Updated knowledge on CETA, CFTA including the Construction Lien Act Amendments.
- Knowledgeable of procurement and supply functions, market standards, specification development and proposal/tendering processes;
- Ability to make independent conclusions (e.g. the competitive bid process);
- Accountable for providing clients with advice and guidance in the preparation of specifications and evaluation criteria;
- Can identify and assess legal risks associated with procurements in order to minimize/mitigate the organization’s exposure to procurement litigation;
- Ensure specific procurements comply with the organization’s Financial By-Jaw, trade agreements, treaties, industry standards and benchmarks, and supporting policies, protocols and standard operating procedures to achieve the goals of fair, open and transparent procurement opportunities and best procurement practices;
- Demonstrated leadership in strategic and tactical thinking, innovating, weighing risks and applying sound judgment to decision making;
- Able to manage vendors throughout the procurement process, including assisting or responding to bid complaints & disputes and/or enquiries and able to provide debriefings to unsuccessful bidders/proponents;
- Sound knowledge of vendor performance issues and risk management;
- Ethical standards adhere to: PMAC and OPBA code of ethics and the organization’s conflict of interest policy;
- Must have experience working in a Public Procurement or Broader Public Service Environment (ex: Municipality, Hospital, School Board, Provincial, Federal)
- Solid knowledge of the various trade agreements and amendments to the Construction Lien Act.
- Knowledge and experience in the following areas: business law and its application to contracts, competitive bidding and procurement; strong negotiation skills; government procurement directives, best public procurement practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in a purchasing environment with progressive experience with tendering processes including resolving complex technical and regulatory issues.
- Demonstrated skills to manage the complete RFP process.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Office and Excel.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a fast paced, flexible, challenging, progressive changing environment.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a public procurement role.
- SAP, Cherwell software and MERX experience preferred
- Able to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- SCMP or CPPB/CPPO designation preferred
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: CGRresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.