Private Equity Accountant
25 Price Street Toronto, ON M4W 1Z1
Private Equity Accountant
Salary up to $60,000 + Bonus + Benefits + RRSP Matching + 3 Weeks’ Vacation!
Our client, one of the fastest growing companies in the investment industry and an active owner of global real estate assets, is seeking a Private Equity Accountant to join their busy and dynamic team. The Private Equity Accountant will record and reconcile investment and financial transactions, deliver timely and accurate reports and actively participate in the routine operations of the funds. This role has been newly created due to organizational growth and offers great opportunities for learning and development. If you are a hard worker with excellent attention to detail who thrives in a fast-paced environment, then we want to hear from you!
- Preparation of bank reconciliations, adjusting entries, and daily treasury activities of Private Equity funds
- Assist in the preparation of asset management reports and investor reports
- Assist and prepare monthly Net Asset Values for multiple funds
- Assist in the preparation for capital calls (prepare Excel spreadsheets), reconciliations and cash flow forecasts
- Maintain and update records of requests, suggested entries, booking trades etc.
- Work closely with team members to improve client services and operational efficiency
- Responsible for the accuracy of data utilized for analytics, performance measurement and bank covenant compliance
- Respond to inquiries and requests from other departments
- Assist in the reporting and ongoing review of operational metrics
- Liaise with internal and external clients in a professional and timely manner; respond to and resolve queries or escalate where necessary
- 1-2 years of experience in an accounting or financial analytics role
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, or related field
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in the preparation of reconciliations and financial reports
- Excellent understanding of the principles of accounting, investment operations and controls
- Good working knowledge of Excel (formula formatting, V-lookups, Pivot tables)
- Experience with accounting software an asset
- Working towards CPA or CFA is an asset
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to JTCResume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.