Payroll and Accounting Analyst (Banking)
66 Wellington St W Toronto, Ontario M5K
Our client, one of the large 5 Banks, is looking for a vibrant Payroll and Accounting Analyst (Banking) to join their team for a 3-month contract!
Job title: Payroll and Accounting Analyst (Banking)
Location: Toronto, ON
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Contract duration: Short term (3 months)
Pay rate: $20/hour
Must have Good Credit and Clear Criminal Record
- Manage the System off-cycle process. Retrieve payroll errors, format the csv file and distribute the errors amongst the team. Ensure all errors are corrected by 4:00 PM every second Monday, in order to confirm the payroll for the bank
- Process all Family Support and Garnishment orders as required on a bi-weekly basis. Respond to inquiries from CRA, courts and other stakeholders
- Process all additional pays and pay adjustments on a bi-weekly basis
- Receive, balance and process payment upload files in PeopleSoft. Investigate rejects and work with Business to fix errors while meeting payroll deadlines.
- Review investigate and action Quality Assurance reports for the Active and Pension payrolls: Retro pay report, Pay error report, Payroll exceptions report, Tax Wage Loss Plan report, Time and Labour Exception Report, Retiree Demographic Report etc.
- Run a number of Quality Assurance Queries to ensure integrity of Payroll.
- Load all Record of Employments (ROEs) on Service Canada website on a biweekly basis. Obtain rejected ROEs, investigate reasons for rejection, manually correct each rejected ROE prior to the legislated deadline.
- Manual ROE creation on request, respond to Service Canada calls and letters confirming information on ROE
- Process Daily Pay Advances to employees, process ADI GL entries, monthly balancing of the Pay Advance General Ledger
- Respond to employee's inquiries related to ROE, Maternity Leave Top-up Payments, garnishments, family Support payments, and miscellaneous other payments, received via HR HelpDesk, email or phone
- Respond to employee and Business inquiries related to pay adjustments processed
- Ensure compliance with workplace employee privacy at all times
- 4 years of Payroll experience
- Excellent analysis skills
- 2 years of Advanced Excel skills
- At least 4 years of Peoplesoft experience
- Strong knowledge of Canadian federal/provincial legislative requirements related to payroll (CRA, RQ).
- Good written and verbal communication skills
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: BMRresume@bagg.com
View all our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.