Payroll Specialist - Temporary
229 Yonge Street Suite 300 Toronto, ON M5B 1N9
- Assist employees and supervisors with timesheet processes to ensure accurate pay process full cycle semi-monthly payroll for 200+ salaried, contract, and hourly employees
- Reconcile statutory remittances; set up and process all special payments and deductions
- Maintain all employee payroll changes; audit and complete all year end procedures
- Maintain confidential Payroll files, issue ROEs, and respond to all internal inquiries related to payroll
- Process/setup employee benefit premiums and payroll, such as RPP, LTD, AD&D, life insurance, extended health and dental premiums
- Create various scheduled and/or ad-hoc reports and analyses related to payroll, salaries and benefits
- Maintain detailed budget analysis and variance reports
- Prepare, balance, and upload monthly payroll journal entries
- Ensure accurate labour costing with salary splits to multiple cost centres
- Carry out all payroll functions
- Maintain current payroll systems
- Assist in payroll system upgrade if required
- Provide consultation and training to employees, supervisors and directors
- Post-secondary diploma or degree, with a strong preference for certification in Payroll Administration (PCP) or recognized equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years in a Payroll and Benefits capacity, within a Finance or HR division. As a result, you are fully competent with a customized Payroll/HRIS system.
- Solid understanding of employment standards, provincial legislation and CRA regulations.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Can work independently and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to convert data to valuable information
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Comfort and confidence in dealing with all levels of management
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude, and determined to learn and sharpen skills on an ongoing basis
Click 'Apply Online' or send a WORD version of your resume by email to JSHresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process