Payroll Specialist - Markham
40 King Street West, Suite 5800 Markham, ON M5H 3S1
Payroll Specialist – Markham
Salary Ranging from $65K-70K + Full Benefits + 3 Weeks’ Vacation!
Our client, a well-respected law firm with a presence across Canada is looking for a Payroll Specialist to join their Markham location. In this role you will be responsible for the full-cycle payroll processing of a multi-province, bi-weekly payroll. In addition, the Payroll Specialist will manage and track data in the HRIS and Payroll system, and create reports based on the data. If you are a Payroll professional, looking to work in a collaborative team environment, with experience managing full-cycle payroll in multiple provinces, then we want to hear from you!
- Process multi province payroll for approximately 1000 salaried, hourly and contract employees, in a timely and accurate manner while verifying payroll source documents from each location.
- Manage HRIS/Payroll lifecycle of all employees, including new hires, terminations, promotions, changes, ROE’s.
- Interface data into Payroll system, audit registers and reports, making corrections to ensure all data is accurate, and update benefits and deductions.
- Calculate and input manual cheques as required.
- Administration of payroll system updates, payroll reports and project related payroll matters.
- Reconciliation of LTD on a monthly basis.
- Processes monthly/quarterly remittances to various 3rd party providers.
- Reconciliation and timely remittance of bi-weekly RRSP employee contributions.
- Preparation of journal entries and reconciliation of tax forms.
- Responsible for filing and record keeping of all payroll related materials.
- Prepare letters of confirmation of employment, and respond to all payroll inquiries
- Other duties as assigned
- College Diploma in Business or a related field, Canadian Payroll Associate certified
- 5 + years of Payroll processing of multi-province experience is required
- Proficient knowledge of employment legislation and payroll practices across multiple provinces.
- Strong technical abilities and knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems (UltiPro)
- Excellent attention to detail, and organizational skills with strong communication skills
- Strong judgement and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work independently
- Excellent ability to work well under pressure and multi-task, in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a professional and positive attitude
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: KROresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.