Toronto, ON M5H 2W9 | Direct Hire
Salary up to $80,000 + Benefits + 3 Weeks Vacation
Our client is a leading Canadian-owned and operated professional services firm and the downtown Head Office in Toronto is seeking a Payroll Manager. The Payroll Manager has three direct reports and is an integral part of the operational side of the business.
- Manage payroll operations and team for four (4) business units that have both salaried and hourly employees (400+)
- Along with business unit managers, set payroll schedule, timelines/deadlines for all units to provide information to payroll for processing
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll on a pay period and on-going basis; responsible for all functions related to payroll, legislation compliance, payroll deductions, payroll reconciliation,
- Manage year-end procedures including balancing of T4’s, T4 summaries, government remittances, GL balancing, etc.
- Conduct various payroll audits to ensure accuracy and quality control; work with auditors as required
- Set guidelines for payroll team and coordinate department workflow
- Prepare and analyze monthly reports
- Manage payroll team on a day to day basis and conduct performance reviews
- Maintain continuous level of engagement between team and all divisions
- Provide and manage processes to support a service oriented department
- Identify areas for process improvement and efficiencies; provide solutions and recommendations
- Exposure to Human Resources (policy and programs) is a definite asset
- Post secondary education is preferred
- Payroll Management Coursework/Certificate
- Certified Payroll Manager designation is an asset
- Great Plains is a definite asset
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong relationship management skills, with a focus on internal client relations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to LDCResume@bagg.com.
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.