69 Bloor Street East Toronto, ON M4W 1B3 | Temporary
Our client, a professional regulatory body is looking for a paralegal to join their team on a temporary basis. The successful candidate will assist the corporate/commercial legal group by providing administrative, legal and secretariat support. If you are an energetic self-starter with a proven ability to manage time, determine priorities and organize, this may be the perfect position for you!
- Leading the administration of the annual general meetings, special general meetings, election and administrative processes.
- Supporting the Associate General Counsel on the drafting, negotiation and provision of legal, business and strategic advice in respect of corporate / commercial contracts.
- Maintaining and updating the contracts, other repositories and registers managed by the team.
- Acting as project manager for specialized, high-profile, organization-wide projects.
- Providing advice and training to staff on corporate policies and procedures.
- Acting as the department records officer.
- Enforcing non-member compliance per the client’s rules and requirements.
- Acting as first point of contact for applicants, students, members and firms.
- Managing all aspects of hearing preparation.
- Attending hearings in the capacity of secretary.
- Preparing and finalizing Tribunal decisions and orders, facilitating the drafting and finalization of reasons for decisions and orders.
- Gathering and tracking data, creating and preparing reports.
- Facilitating publication of disciplinary reasons, including on Quicklaw.
- Overseeing compliance with all terms ordered by the Tribunal and managing all required correspondence.
- Creating records of proceedings.
- Law clerk diploma, licensed paralegal, or relevant post-secondary education (i.e. law) preferred with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience.
- Demonstrated experience reading and comprehending legislation and other governing documents.
- Knowledge of administrative tribunal or court procedures and requirements.
- At least seven (7) years of related work experience in a law firm or in-house legal department setting.
- Demonstrated professional regulatory knowledge and/experience
- Advanced proficiency in a Windows environment, including Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Advanced proficiency in Adobe Acrobat. Working knowledge of iMIS (CRM) or similar computerized databases.
- Familiarity with legal research tools, including CanLii, LexusNexus and WestLaw.
- Superior legal writing skills and able to summarize complex information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to handle a variety of duties and responsibilities simultaneously. Able to determine priorities and meet deadlines.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: CCEresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.