Operations Officer (Banking)
4720 Tahoe Blvd Mississauga, Ontario L4W
Our client, one of the five leading Canadian banks is looking for an Operations Officer (Banking) to join our Toronto team for a 1 year contract!
Opportunity Number: #64387
Location: Mississauga, ON
Pay Rate: $19.85/hour
Contract Duration: 1 year contract
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Must have good credit history and clear criminal record
The Operations Officer is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of relevant transactions. This encompasses both financial and non-financial activities. They must validate tax documentation and update the systems to comply with FATCA and CRS legislation.
- Timely and accurate confirmation of MM transactions, within the 24 hour confirmation policy Maintain enough audit trails on all confirmations
- Ensure the tracking system is updated daily and outstanding items are followed-up on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure all unconfirmed trades are escalated to Management and Front Office on time
- Work with areas such as Trading, Middle Office, Trade Validation and Treasury as it relates to confirming new deal structures, resolving discrepancies and ensuring Regulatory and Audit guidelines are being met and adhered to.
- Develop and maintain sound working relationships with counterparties and internal groups like Front Office, Treasury, Settlements, Investigations and Global Support.
- Actively participate in developing, testing and implementing new or enhanced processes and other process improvement initiatives
- Participate fully as a member of the Team. Aid other Confirmation Officers when necessary.
- Protect the interests of the Bank by adhering to operating standards and processes; obtain proper authorization for transactions as required.
- Act as a point of contact for customer queries
- Post-Secondary education required. Post secondary preferred
- Customer service Experience; problem solve, written communication
- Previous banking experience
Please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: BMRresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.