Mortgage Underwriting Officer
3500 Steeles Ave E Markham, Ontario L3R
Our client, a leading Canadian banking institution, is looking for Mortgage Underwriting Officer to join their team.
Pay Rate: $ 18.24 /Hr
Location: 3500 Steeles Ave East, Markham
Duration: 3 Month Contract (Extension Possible based on performance)
Hours: Mon-Fri 7am-8pm Sat 7am-4pm (flexibility to work within this schedule)
Must have good credit score and clear criminal record
- Review mortgage applications to determine if they are fit-for-underwriting.
- Complete checklist to ensure all required documentation is present prior to underwriting; credit product experience/knowledge is required.
- Responsible for providing leadership in order for the unit to meet and/or exceed service level agreements and as such requires impact and influence capabilities.
- Communicate with MMS partners on a daily basis for missing documentation/clarification.
- Flexibility to assist with Adhoc requests & administrative tasks as assigned.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of products, end-to-end processes and systems an asset.
- Ability to identify & communicate trends.
- Ability to understand credit application compliance requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment & efficiently manage workflow.
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time in a high volume and high risk environment.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Win Zip and any other related financial software.
- 0-2 years credit/financial or accounting experience required.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to:
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.