25 Price Street Toronto, ON M4W 1Z1
Salary up to $65,000k + Bonus + RRSP!!
Our client, one of the fastest growing companies in the investment industry and an active owner of global real estate assets, is seeking a Mortgage Administrator to be a part of their thriving finance and operations team. In this newly created role you will be responsible for maintaining and updating financial/investment transactions, assist in servicing third party investors and perform reconciliations for various accounts. The successful candidate will have 2-4 years of experience in the financial services industry and have post secondary education in a related field. If you are a highly motivated individual who excels in a fast-paced environment and has a process improvement mindset, then we want to hear from you!!
- Monitor cash requirements for upcoming mortgage funding and repayments.
- Analyze and make recommendations to minimize borrowing costs associated with the credit facility.
- Prepare daily position and cash reconciliations on bank accounts.
- Identify and action cash transactions in a timely manner.
- Prepare and post mortgage transactions in the accounting systems (LMS and Geneva).
- Maintain and develop controls to ensure the integrity of the accounting systems and accuracy of information.
- Prepare pre-authorized payments to borrowers.
- Reconcile and move investor funds in a timely manner.
- Provide support for the Mortgage Servicing department as required.
- Prepare monthly compliance certificates related to credit facilities.
- Post fund related accounting entries (i.e. expenses, revenues, mortgage activity, etc.).
- Prepare wires for monthly dividends and the monthly dividend reinvestment plan calculation.
- Co-ordinate and prioritize daily work to meet deadlines.
- Identify, analyze, respond to and resolve issues and problems as they arise.
- Ensure internal control procedures are followed.
- Collaborate with team members to improve operational efficiency and client services.
- Deal with internal and external clients in a professional and timely manner; being able to respond to and resolve queries or escalate where necessary.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Knowledge and Experience
- Post secondary education in Finance, Accounting, Business or related area of study.
- 2-4 years experience in the financial services industry.
- Real estate industry experience is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of mortgage lending practices is an asset.
- Experience with investment management systems (Geneva and/or LMS is an asset).
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- A professional demeanor and coupled with strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity, diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality.
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to JTCResume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.