Material Handler & Inventory Control Coordinator
8830 Jane St Vaughan, ON L4K 2M9
Our client is very proud of their 60 years of enterprising skill and has become a leader in the tile, marble and stone installation industry. The company imports hard surface materials from all over the world. Their touch can be seen in grand lobbies, contemporary swimming pools, opulent reception halls, as well as many other fine spaces all over Toronto and the GTA! Their work is prestigious and in demand with a reputation built on high standards in both product and service
They are looking for a hands-on Material Handler & Inventory Control Coordinator for their tile division!
You will conduct inventory cycle counts and computer data upkeep. The successful incumbent will maintain the sample room and showroom display boards. Your responsibility will be to pick and process material units on skids, ready for pick up.
This company requires someone with mathematical aptitude to calculate material needed to fill orders i.e. how many boxes are required to cover square footage.
- Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or using basic material handling equipment.
- Perform other material handling activities such as counting, sorting, packing and unpacking.
- Operate and drive trucks to pick up and deliver various products if required.
- Record and input information on pick-ups and deliveries.
- Provide customer service support to the site managers and tile setters
- Record material leaving building by staff or other contractors and allocate to specific job sites via Material Requisition and enter into system.
- Update daily through job costing in ACCPAC the material taken each morning by the tile setters.
- Contact suppliers to process returns and updating job costing in ACCPAC.
- Clean up warehouse, ensure area is kept free of garbage, wood, empty pallets etc.
- Inventory counts, monthly cycle count and update upon discovery of inventory discrepancies and issues.
- May perform, as required, other duties.
- Returned goods must be inspected for condition and quantity against original shipping order and put back into the system
- No Material is to leave the warehouse without proper documentation (Sales Order/Shipping Order)
- Completion of Secondary School Diploma.
- Excellent English oral and written communications skills.
- Basic math and computer skills
- Minimum 2 years of shipping/receiving experience in a related field.
- Current Forklift certification and preferably Reach Truck certification.
- Driver’s abstract.
- Valid “G” driver’s license.
- Able to use computer spread sheets and computer software.
If you are qualified, please send your resume to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job # 61758
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.