Maintenance Technician or Millwright Apprentice- 2nd shift
945 Southgate Drive, , Unit B 200 Guelph, ON N1L 0B9
Position: Maintenance Technician or Millwright Apprentice– 2nd shift
Location: Guelph, ON
Hours: 3:15 to 11:15 pm
Salary: $23.50-25.00 per hour + Benefits, Deferred Profit Sharing & RRSP
Overtime after 44 hours per ESA
Our International client operates the #1 plant in North America and is looking for a Maintenance Technician or a Millwright Apprentice to expand their team. This Maintenance professional will provide hands-on support and expertise in the continuous maintenance services and repair process while following safety regulations. and company policies.
The successful candidate will report to the Maintenance Manager and be responsible for the repair of plant equipment as well as preventative maintenance to ensure uninterrupted day to day operations. The Manager is willing to train the right candidate on certain aspects such as electrical, if they have good experience.
Machine lines must run constantly, and the ideal candidate is accustomed to multi-tasking and “always putting out fires!”
Would you like to work at our client’s best plant in North America, join a dynamic team and be responsible for further growth and success? If so, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Perform general mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs
- Conduct regular inspections and troubleshoot systems and components as required in the plant with minimum downtime
- Conduct regularly assigned preventative maintenance, thorough inspections of mechanical systems including conveyor systems, air compressor systems, lighting, and racking
- Should be versed with pipe cutting, bending and threading equipment, have a good understanding of pumps, valves and applications
- Must have knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems and installations, power transmission systems, chains, belts, gear drives, speed reducers and pulley ratios
- Must be able to read mechanical blueprints, do some arc and gas welding as well as cutting with a torch.
- Maintain a safe working environment with good housekeeping
- Perform any and all other assignments from time to time as management directs
- Post-secondary education in a technical mechanical field an asset
- Experience in electrical maintenance and repair and asset (will train on trouble shooting)
- Experience is more important than having the credentials
- Some welding is an asset
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced warehouse environment, continually adapting to change and ability to work under pressure
- Familiarity and conformance with legislated requirements of the OHSA
- Effective interpersonal, communication skills, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime if required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, standing for long periods, and walking
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a continual basis
- Passing a Criminal background check is a requirement
If you are qualified for this role and feel that it is a good fit for you, please submit your resume to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job #64769
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.