400 W Crossroads Parkway Guelph, IL 60440
Our very entrepreneurial client, who is expanding, has opened a new location in Ontario and is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor. You will provide hands-on support, proactive leadership, direction, and professional expertise in the maintenance services and repair process. This supervisor will work alongside the Plant Manager and employees to provide assistance on the floor as a strong business partner within the organization.
The successful candidate will report to the Plant Manager and be responsible for the repair of plant equipment as well as preventative maintenance to ensure uninterrupted day to day operations.
Machine lines must run constantly and the ideal candidate is accustomed to multi-tasking and “always putting out fires!”
- Performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- To insure the good execution of the maintenance activities in all facilities in North America to assure productivity of wash quality;
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Develop and implement maintenance processes to maintain proper equipment and machinery functionality as well as cost efficiency; is responsible for the spare part control inventory to ensure equipment maintenance process.
- Analyze mechanic parts required for maintenance performance, use of equipment, material and personnel.
- Work closely with maintenance personnel from other company locations to prevent problems with machinery and equipment.
- Support all current equipment and new machinery and process introductions.
- Determine and eliminate root causes and diminish occurrences in the maintenance process.
- Able to assist in reducing cost through Total Preventive Maintenance methodologies.
- Responsible for technician’s training from other facilities to develop skills and knowledge of the equipment and machinery repair for efficiency of maintenance.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service including total availability 24/7 as required.
- Post secondary education in a technical or engineering field; electrical/mechanical
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to read drawing/blueprints
- Strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical machines
- Familiar with Employment Standards Act, Human Rights legislation, Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations, and all other applicable safety codes and legislation
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and under pressure
- Strong organizational and communicational skills in both oral and written form
- Willingness to work overtime, as needed
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check
If you are qualified for this role and feel that it is a good fit for you, please submit your resume to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job #62174
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.