Looking for Assistant F&B Manager with 3 years of progressive hospitality experience
Greater Toronto Area, ON M5H 2W9 | Temporary
Looking for Assistant F&B Manager with 3 years of progressive hospitality experience.
Location: Downtown Toronto
Hours of work: Monday – Friday (varied schedule. Evening and weekend work is required).
Temporary - Contract
You will be responsible to oversee the day to day operation of the Clients Food Service outlets, vending machines and the operational elements of the catered events on site. In addition, your responsibilities will include:
- Human Resource Management
- Food Service Operations
- Customer Service
- Financial Administration
- Liaison with External Contacts
- Relevant Interdepartmental Coordination
- 2 - 3 year Diploma in Hospitality and/or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive hospitality service experience preferably gained within a large commercial food operation in the post-secondary sector in a unionized environment.
- Knowledge of the food industry, including large-scale operations, catering and relevant legislation
- Demonstrate the ability to recruit, train, organize and motivate employees (appointed staff, temporary staff, and student staff) in a unionized environment.
- Demonstrate experience managing the complex scheduling requirements of a multi-unit food service operation which also provides extensive catering services.
- Exceptional customer service skills, with demonstrated experience organizing conference and events management.
- Must have excellent public relations, written and verbal communication skills, and superb one-on-one communications skills.
- Understanding of business and the university environment preferred.
- Experience managing in a unionized environment budgets.
- Experience managing student and casual employees
- Highly developed organizational, communication, and relationship management skills.
- Ability to practice professionalism and sound judgment under pressure and stress.
- A team player with demonstrated decision-making skills.
- Highly customer service oriented with sensitivity to various levels of expectation from program participants, faculty, staff, and suppliers.
- Knowledge of computer applications that include the ability to use spreadsheet, word processing, financial management, database and website development programs
All interested and qualified applicants please send your updated resume to ALMresume@bagg.com and feel free to refer anyone you know who may be interested.
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.