Mortgage Servicing Analyst
25 Price Street Toronto, ON M4W 1Z1 | Direct Hire
Mortgage Servicing Analyst
Salary up to $65,000k + Bonus + RRSP!!
Our client, one of the fastest growing companies in the investment industry and an active owner of global real estate assets, is seeking an Investment Operations Analyst to be apart their thriving finance and operations team. In this newly created role you will be responsible for maintaining and updating financial/investment transactions, assist in servicing third party investors and perform reconciliations for various accounts. The successful candidate will have 2-4 years experience in the financial services industry and have post secondary education in a related field. If you are a highly motivated individual who excels in a fast-paced environment and has a process improvement mindset, then we want to hear from you!!
- Monitor cash requirements for upcoming mortgage funding and repayments.
- Analyze and make recommendations to minimize borrowing costs associated with the credit facility.
- Prepare daily position and cash reconciliations on bank accounts.
- Identify and action cash transactions in a timely manner.
- Prepare and post mortgage transactions in the accounting systems (LMS and Geneva).
- Maintain and develop controls to ensure the integrity of the accounting systems and accuracy of information.
- Prepare pre-authorized payments to borrowers.
- Reconcile and move investor funds in a timely manner.
- Provide support for the Mortgage Servicing department as required.
- Prepare monthly compliance certificates related to credit facilities.
- Post fund related accounting entries (i.e. expenses, revenues, mortgage activity, etc.).
- Prepare wires for monthly dividends and the monthly dividend reinvestment plan calculation.
- Co-ordinate and prioritize daily work to meet deadlines.
- Identify, analyze, respond to and resolve issues and problems as they arise.
- Ensure internal control procedures are followed.
- Collaborate with team members to improve operational efficiency and client services.
- Deal with internal and external clients in a professional and timely manner; being able to respond to and resolve queries or escalate where necessary.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Knowledge and Experience
- Post secondary education in Finance, Accounting, Business or related area of study.
- 2-4 years experience in the financial services industry.
- Real estate industry experience is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of mortgage lending practices is an asset.
- Experience with investment management systems (Geneva and/or LMS is an asset).
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- A professional demeanor and coupled with strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity, diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: JTCresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.