Inventory Control Manager
15 Hereford St Unit #1 Mississauga, ON L6Y 0J7
Position: Inventory Control Manager
Location: Brampton, ON.
Salary: $75,000 - $100,000 depending on experience.
Perks: Benefits and RRSP matching
Discount: Employees receive 50% discount on apparel and other brand name products.
Our client is an established global distributor that has been in the retail market for over 100 years. They are looking to add an Inventory Control Manager to their team in the Brampton location. This company makes over 20 high quality apparel and footwear brands. They are environmentally aware and make decisions to support and improve the planet. Integrity, inclusion and diversity of their employees are supported and utilized to fuel their success.
This company believes in wellness, fun, learning & development, tuition assistance, promotion and leadership!
The successful candidate will lead their team in delivering excellent customer service in a timely and effective manner. The Inventory Control Manager will assist the Director of Distribution in maintaining a culture focusing on employee engagement. This person will be responsible for management of people and resources, information sharing, leadership and service quality.
- Lead a team that is comprised of two (2) Inventory Control Specialists and up to 6 associates across two shifts.
- Inspire and motivate associates to meet and exceed the team’s inventory accuracy goals and other key performance indicator (KPI) targets.
- Execute company policies, procedures and programs in a professional, consistent and timely manner.
- Plan and conduct regular associate update meetings to share pertinent information as necessary while striving to increase overall associate engagement.
- Collaborate with others to help build a culture of continuous improvement within the facility and to drive improved performance across all KPIs.
- Coach and develop the Inventory Control/ QC team members on best practices and metrics.
- Plan and execute an effective training program to ensure that all leaders and associates understand the importance of maintaining a high level of accuracy with respect to on-hand inventories.
- Liaise with other business partners to ensure that the company is meeting/exceeding Inventory and Quality Control performance targets.
- Review and monitor the inventory transactions in SAP, DOM and PKMS while ensuring that all 3 systems are kept in balance.
- Plan and execute an effective cycle count program for the facility and report-out results as required.
- Review inventory discrepancies to identify root causes and reconcile variances as required.
- Collaborate with Operations Leadership to help address and reduce inventory defects. Shares KPI results with the team to drive greater awareness of trends etc.
- Ensure standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for all inventory and quality control related processes are developed, documented and adhered to on a consistent basis.
- Establish controls and standards that help minimize shrink at the facility. Escalate concerns to Director of Distribution.
- Partner with Security Service Provider to understand potential risks and opportunities.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of the annual physical inventory in partnership with Corporate Finance team and Operations.
- Plan and execute the quality audit program and report-out results as required. Liaison with key business partners to ensure that all are kept informed on a timely basis.
- 5+ years of inventory control related experience within a DC environment.
- Degree/diploma in business, supply chain, logistics or engineering.
- Understanding of distribution processes and systems within a multi-channel (wholesale, retail & e-comm) distribution environment.
- Ability to lead, coach and develop staff to improve performance and achieve team goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Outlook, OneNote, Access and PowerPoint.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours including weekends as necessary.
- Some travel to the USA may be required to necessitate the training required for this role.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to balance and prioritize competing priorities and demands.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Previous experience with Manhattan PKMS or SAP would be considered an asset.
- APICS CPIM designation would be considered an asset.
If you are qualified for this role and feel that it is a good fit for you, please submit your resume to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job #64820?
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.