Hub Supervisor - Hamilton
450 Sherman Ave N. Mississauga, ON L8L 8J6
Position: Hub Supervisor – Hamilton
Hours: 2:00am to 11:00am
Location: Hamilton, ON.
Salary: Up to $60,000 Plus Benefits & RRSP
Our client provides multiple warehousing solutions in Canada and the United Sates. They were given the award of being one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Our client offers same day / next day delivery via couriers and strives to do this better than anyone else in the business.
The Hub Supervisor is a hands-on role responsible for management and operations of their high volume and fast-paced cross-dock facility. This includes our drivers and independent contractors. This role will report into the General Manager.
- Review volumes in established routes daily to balance workload, audit drivers and hub processes and contingency planning
- Occasionally ride with drivers for audits and/or perform deliveries directly
- Maintain relationships with key customer contacts involved in the day to day operations of their business
- Maintain regular reporting to head office
- Provide metrics to customers daily to maintain highest level of performance
- Contribute and maintain a successful, safe, team environment
- Motivate and develop team, identifying the best people for the job
- Hold IOOs/Drivers to all our processes
- Identify solutions, clearing roadblocks with other departments and management
- Run continuous improvement initiatives to offer "Best-in-Class" services
- Resolve complaints and answer questions of customers regarding services and procedures
- Provide timely, accurate, and thorough performance reviews
- 2-5 years previous experience managing teams in the Transportation industry / small parcel delivery / LTL or cross-dock facility
- Must have strong leadership and motivational skills
- Goal oriented, with a strong desire to achieve results
- Strong communications skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to plan/organize, prioritize and multi-task in a fast pace, high volume environment
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot through problems/issues and perform tasks in a cohesive manner
- Detail oriented, critical thinking, excellent organization and planning skills
- Intermediate computer skills needed (Word, Excel, Outlook) and tracking software
- Experience in small parcel delivery
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to LSFresume@bagg.com quoting job #64576
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.