HR Office Administrator
400 W Crossroads Parkway Mississauga, ON 60440
Position: HR Office Administrator
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Salary: $55K - $60K depending on experience, plus benefits
Our mid-sized, privately owned global client is looking for an experienced HR Office Administrator from a manufacturing or industrial services environment who will work on a wide variety of HR projects basically starting from scratch but with the support of other facilities.
The plant in Guelph has been named the top plant in North America for performance and production. This means the successful candidate will be working with a highly organized and successful management team.
You will be a self starter that is responsible for implementing policies and procedures, new employee orientation and employee handbook. They will also offer guidance in areas such as recruitment and selection, maintaining an employee information system, performance management, employee relations, health & safety, discipline & terminations, disability management and other related day to day HR functions plus some office administration.
We are looking for a very proactive H.R. professional, ideally with experience within a start-up, industrial services or manufacturing organization.
Are you a candidate who enjoys seeing projects through from start to finish? Do you love to learn and to be resourceful? Do you want to be promoted as your career progresses? Are you comfortable wearing jeans and safety apparel in the plant?
Are you continuously looking for opportunities to improve/create processes, and add value and support to the management team? This is a newly created position with possibilities for advancement to management in the future. The opportunities for growth are exciting if you have an attitude of listening, observing, innovation and learning.
- Maintain high quality HR standards in the delivery of internal HR services
- Build strong business relationships with managers and establishing credibility with employees
- Maintain an Employee Information / Record Management System once implemented
- Design job descriptions and determine compensation related information
- Facilitate the recruitment and selection process for the company including assisting leaders in determine role requirements, job descriptions and sourcing strategies, coordinate job postings, job fairs, collection and screening of resumes, coordination and participation in interviews
- Establish relationships with temp agencies to meet general labour requirements on a daily basis
- Manage disability cases by providing advice and guidance to management and employees regarding disability management, accommodation and return to work; liaising with Disability Management Consultants, and providing monthly reporting to management
- Provide other HR support in the areas of hiring, discipline & termination
- Back up Payroll as needed
- Support employee programs such as performance evaluations, employee engagement, employee surveys, town hall meetings, training logistics and recordkeeping
- Actively participate and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time in order to support efficient company operations
- Post-secondary degree and a minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience required
- CHRP (CHRL) is an asset but not a necessity based on experience within manufacturing
- Knowledge of general HR procedures and practices including but not limited to employee information/records administration and handling of confidential or sensitive information
- Good knowledge of WSIB procedures, ESA, and Human Rights
- Ability to maintain an Employee Information System
- Learning & Development experience is an asset
- Well-developed problem-solving skills with the ability to find solutions and incorporate them into new practices
- Must be proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to communicate on all levels in the organization
- Bilingual in French & English is an asset
- Will be required to wear safety equipment when entering plant area: hair net, safety glasses, hearing protection and steel toed safety shoes
- May have minimal exposure to heat and humidity, noise levels when in the plant
- Must pass a Criminal Background Check
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job # 63450 View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.