133 Richmond St W #700 Toronto, ON M5H 2L3
Location: Downtown Toronto
Compensation: up to $30/hr
Duration: Temporary to Permanent
Our client, a non-profit organization is seeking an HR Generalist to manage their day-to-day HR operations. Reporting to the Head of Talent & Culture, the HR Generalist supports the development and implementation of policies, programs, and procedures to help create a positive, productive, and safe working environment for employees. The HR Generalist works directly with all levels of the organization as a trusted source and provides excellent client service to the organizations internal and external stakeholders and partners. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to effect change in a growing organization with a focus on people and culture this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Talent Acquisition, On-boarding, Off-boarding (25%)
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment for assigned positions from building the recruitment plan through to offer stage. Additional stages include pre-screening, short-listing, scheduling, conducting interviews and reference, criminal and credit checks.
- Collaborate with internal and/or external partners as appropriate.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with employment agencies to ensure the selection of the most qualified candidates.
- Participate in the development of ongoing creative and cost-effective talent sourcing strategies.
- Lead new hire orientation alongside hiring managers to ensure successful on-boarding of all new hires.
- Ensure smooth transitions for employees exiting the organization; assist in the termination/resignation process by conducting exit interviews, coordinating with all parties involved (Payroll, IT, etc.), preparing for last day send offs if applicable, and ensuring the required paperwork is complete.
Talent Development (25%)
- Manage employee relations alongside the Head of Talent & Culture; build rapport with management and employees to serve as a business partner in resolving work-related issues.
- Provide guidance and support to employees in the interpretation and application of HR policies, procedures, and other related topics such as leaves, compensation, etc.
- Play an active role in administering and delivering HR programs and processes including performance management, change management, employee recognition, COLA/discretionary bonus payments, learning and development, etc.
- Maintain and assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures, along with communications to effectively inform managers and employees of changes.
- Proactively research, analyze, and identify best practices in the development of new HR initiatives to improve the employee experience.
- Create and implement new learning and development initiatives; record and update employee training records as required for tracking purposes.
HR Information Systems & Reporting (20%)
- Manage the HR sections of the organization’s intranet site (Launchpad), applicant tracking system (Fitzii), payroll system (Dayforce HCM); leverage HR systems to retrieve data for various reporting needs involving head counts, wage stats, birthdates, length of service, etc. and other HR/Recruitment metrics.
- Maintain and update employee files, personnel information, and organizational charts as required (on HR systems, paper files, and electronic files)
- Design and develop spreadsheets, databases, and presentations to support HR projects.
- Analyze data and aggregate results into sophisticated reports and presentations to aid in decision making.
- Collaborate with Payroll & Benefits Specialist to manage time away from work requests, yearly carry-over requests, and all other types of leaves of absence inquiries.
HR Compliance (15%)
- Ensure compliance with Federal and Provincial employment standards.
- Act as a member of the Joint Health & Safety Committee; educate employees on Workplace Health & Safety Legislation and ensure the completion of all mandatory health and safety training.
- Stay up to date on latest HR trends, legislation, and best practices; update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and maintaining personal networks.
- Proactively identify ways to improve policies and procedures.
Employee Engagement (15%)
- Commit to “open door policy” for HR office.
- Proactively search for ways to improve engagement and morale and implement them accordingly.
- Support employee-run committees to encourage interaction and collegiality amongst various teams (Social, H&W, H&S); host several internal events throughout the year.
- Manage credit card for HR related invoicing/expense reports.
- 3 to 5 years Human Resources generalist experience
- University and/or college education, preferably in a discipline related to Human Resources
- CHRP/CHRL designation or in pursuit of the designation is considered an asset
- Knowledge of employment legislation across provinces, employee relations and HR best practices
- Resourceful logical thinker and process-oriented with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to act with discretion and confidentiality
- Proven interpersonal skills (e.g. tact, diplomacy) with ability to build strong relationships across multiple levels
- Solid communication and written skills
- Accountability to deliver expected outcomes and initiatives and act on opportunities for improvement, with a track record of execution
- Demonstrate sound judgment to collaborate with internal partners and work independently
- Strong ability to synthesize information, analyze data & provide summary of analysis
- Demonstrated ability to balance conflicting priorities of demanding and diverse client groups within a changing environment
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Office
- Experience with HR systems including ATS
- Bilingual considered an asset
- Experience working in a small organization in the public sector is ideal
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: CGRresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.