400 W Crossroads Parkway Guelph, ON 60440
Position: HR Generalist
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Salary: $65K - $75K depending on experience, plus benefits and 3 weeks’ vacation
Our mid-sized, privately owned global client is looking for an experienced HR Generalist from a manufacturing or industrial services environment who will provide a wide range of HR support and leadership. The successful candidate will be responsible for offering guidance in areas such as recruitment and selection, implementing an employee information system, performance management, employee relations, health & safety, discipline & terminations, disability management and creating processes and procedures and other related HR functions.
We are looking for a very proactive H.R. professional, ideally with experience in a start up within an industrial services or manufacturing organization. Are you a candidate who enjoys seeing projects through from start to finish? Are you willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done, including some basic data entry? This is not a permanent activity and will change in the future.
Are you continuously looking for opportunities to improve/create processes, and add value and support to the management team? This is a newly created position with possibilities for advancement to management in the future. The opportunities for growth are exciting if you have an attitude of listening, observing, innovation and learning.
- Maintain high quality HR standards in the delivery of internal HR services
- Provide day-to-day HR guidance, support and implement HR policies, procedures and programs and act as a first point of contact in employee relation matters
- Build strong business relationships with managers and establishing credibility with employees
- Assist in implementing an Employee Information / Record Management System
- Design job descriptions and determine compensation related information
- Facilitate the recruitment and selection process for the company including assisting leaders in determine role requirements, job descriptions and sourcing strategies, coordinate job postings, job fairs, collection and screening of resumes, coordination and participation in interviews
- Implementation of a new employee onboarding system; orientation process.
- Manage disability cases by providing advice and guidance to management and employees regarding disability management, accommodation and return to work; liaising with Disability Management Consultants, and providing monthly reporting to management
- Provide other HR support in the areas of hiring, discipline & termination
- Oversea Payroll providing validation of tax deductions etc.
- Support employee programs such as performance evaluations, employee engagement, employee surveys, town hall meetings, training logistics and record keeping
- Actively participate and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time in order to support efficient company operations
- Post-secondary degree and a minimum of 5 to 7 years related experience, CHRP (CHRL) preferred
- Knowledge of general HR procedures and practices including but not limited to employee information/records administration and handling of confidential or sensitive information
- Good knowledge of WSIB procedures, ESA, and Human Rights
- Ability to implement an Employee Information System
- Experience with audits; legal compliance
- Learning & Development experience is an asset
- Well-developed problem-solving skills with the ability to find solutions and incorporate them into new practices
- Must be proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to communicate on all levels in the organization
- Bilingual in French & English is an asset
- Will be required to wear safety equipment when entering plant area: hair net, safety glasses, hearing protection and steel toed safety shoes
- May have minimal exposure to heat and humidity, noise levels when in the plant
- Must pass a Criminal Background Check
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job #62795
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.