HR (80%) and H&S Coordinator (20%)
290 Humberline Drive Etobicoke, ON M9W 2Z4
Position: HR (80%) and H&S Coordinator (20%)
Location: Etobicoke, Finch & 427 area
Hours: 8 am to 4:30 pm 0r 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Salary: $45K to $50K depending on experience, plus benefits
These duties may include assisting HR managers with recruiting efforts, arranging interviews for potential employees, checking applicant references, maintaining employee records and conducting new hire orientations. They may also include assisting with payroll processing and providing benefits and job description information to both new and existing employees.
Our client, a Canadian-based manufacturer and supplier of building products, has an exciting opportunity for a HR & H&S Coordinator. They currently have four manufacturing facilities and many sales centres across Canada which provide leading services to the North American architectural and building market. They hire professionals who are self-directed, embrace change and bring exceptional work ethic to the job every day.
This position will primarily focus on performing and overseeing administrative activities supporting both the HR (80%) and H&S (20%) functions. We are looking for an eager professional with a superior work attitude and ethic to do whatever it takes to accomplish tasks big or small, as part of this dynamic team; reporting directly to the HR Generalist.
The successful candidate will have a professional and positive work attitude with exceptional interpersonal, communication and mediation skills. This individual will possess strong time management skills to achieve all assigned duties in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
If you are looking for an experience to positively impact the candidate and onboarding experience; as well as having opportunities to expand your exposure within HR and H&S, this company is offering an exciting opportunity to the right candidate.
- Oversee internal recruitment of hourly roles in the plant and warehouse; from time to time the recruitment activity for these roles may go external with the assistance of the HR Generalist
Oversee New Hire Process
- Create new hire kits and assist with facilitating and coordinating/organizing the New Hire onboarding program
- Present to new employees during orientation sessions via slides and adequately explain and simplify company policies and procedures
- Follow up with applicant references and background checks as needed
- Maintain hiring files for the Company
- Draft employment verification letters and other miscellaneous employee correspondence as needed
- Maintain new and existing employee records with integrity and accuracy of electronic personnel files
- Coordinate HR / H&S training across Alumicor
- Assist as needed with a variety of H&S tasks including facilitating the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Lead or assist with small HR and H&S driven projects
- Respond to ad hoc employee policy questions and requests
- Oversee Manager compliance of hourly probationary performance reviews
- Reception duties on a back up basis twice a month
- Other duties as assigned
- HR Management Certificate and a minimum of 2 years’ related experience
- Exposure to an industrial, manufacturing environment is ideal
- Good knowledge of general HR procedures and practices including but not limited to: HRIS administration, handling of confidential or sensitive information, recruitment, employee records, and benefit administration.
- Excellent writing skills, including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation; format moderately complex correspondence, including memos, emails, etc.
- Hands-on experience with productivity applications, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel,e-mail clients, and presentation software
- Well-developed problem-solving skills with the ability to incorporate solutions into existing practices
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to communicate and mediate with all levels in the organization
- Sitting for extensive period of time
- Able to occasionally lift items as heavy as 35 lbs.
- Will be required to wear protective equipment in designated areas such as: hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection and steel toed safety shoes from time to time
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- May have minimal exposure to heat and humidity, load noise levels and dust, from time to time
- Overtime as required
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job #65499.
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.