Bay Adelaide Centre 333 Bay Street Suite 5100 Toronto, ON M5H 2R2
Competitive Salary + Benefits + Bonus + 3 Weeks’ Vacation!
Our client, a prestigious investment firm, seeks a Fund Accountant to be an integral part of their team. The ideal candidate will support the Investment Accounting Department to provide accounting and hedge fund services to internal and external clients. The ideal candidate will be very organized and possess the ability to prioritize and multi-task. If you are highly motivated and strive for excellence in all you do, this is the role for you!
- Calculate and report weekly and monthly Net Asset Value of assigned funds
- Assist with financial reporting in validation of semi-annual and annual reports
- Review and check fund packages
- Perform analytical review of account balances i.e. income, expenses, realized/unrealized gains and losses
- Develop and implement standard procedures to ensure accuracy and consistency in valuation and accounting reconciliation
- Reconcile bank, broker and custody positions
- Price and reconcile market values using independent sources
- Review and approve accounting reconciliation packages to ensure reasonability of all matters affecting NAV
- Participate in fiscal year end audit process and provide information to auditors as requested
- Review corporate actions and verify fund pricing at the end of each day
- Maintain accurate and detailed accounting records for all assigned funds
- Perform and support the NAV calculations in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Prepare and analyze necessary schedules (expense analysis, portfolio cost, gain and loss)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent with emphasis in accounting
- Minimum 2 years of Accounting and Hedge Fund experience
- In depth knowledge (including accounting, reporting, valuation and the operation) of financial derivatives and instruments
- Outstanding attention to detail, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to JTCResume@bagg.com.
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.