Financial Analyst - Temporary
130 Adelaide St. W. 15th Floor, Suite 15 Toronto, ON M5H 3P5
- Processing and reviewing transactions to ensure they are cleared, aggregated, apportioned, and settled.
- Daily monitoring of the bank (i.e. EFT processes) to ensure completeness of settlement, and that settlement failures are investigated, captured, and corrected.
- Conducts, participates in and oversees daily/weekly/monthly financial reconciliation and reporting processes and performs various financial analyses in support of the business operations.
- Analyzing, investigating, uncovering and resolving process exceptions, out-of-balance situations and other operational finance incidents, as required.
- Performing daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations and control points to ensure funds are balanced and creating journal entries for general ledger adjustments, as required.
- Compiles daily, weekly and monthly reports (i.e. monthly financial status and performance).
- Analyzes and/or reconciles various internal and external reports to ensure the completeness and integrity of the integrated reports (e.g. data extracts, financial system reports, third party reports).
- Conducts and oversees financial analyses, projects and processes; conducts or participates in complex and comprehensive financial investigations.
- Creates and applies reporting templates, financial models and automated processes to meet legal and corporate standards, including meeting deadlines.
- Provides financially informed analytical support, understanding the financial and accounting impact of business processes and evaluating current and future business activities.
- Provides subject matter expertise to support finance operational decisions, including accounting entries or development of business proposals and business cases as it affects the financial system and operating processes.
- Ensuring financial processes and reconciliations are aligned with established procedures and controls and providing recommendations for improvements.
- Works closely with auditors and others to maintain financial integrity of the business and increase understanding of financial applications, controls, and standards.
- Collaborating and interacting with internal and/or external business partners and transit agencies, regarding regular reporting and responding to inquiries and information requests.
- University degree in Commerce, Business, Finance, Accounting or a related discipline
- CPA (CA, CMA, CGA) accounting designation (strongly preferred or working towards designation)
- Experience as a Financial Analyst (3 years)
- Knowledge of best practices related to financial services or payment industry
- Experience guiding and mentoring other financial professionals on the team; establishing policies and procedures for analysis and reporting and reviewing their work when requested
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint; experience with MS Dynamics would be an asset
- Ability to make recommendations for process and control improvements (e.g. automating technology/accounting practices) and provides clear practice, protocol and direction standards for internal and external partners
- Ability to test new functionality from an accounting/reconciliation/financial control perspective
- Strong time management and organizational skills, ability to multi-task and take direction from or work with multiple parties
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: CCEresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.