Field Services Technician
73 Galaxy Blvd, Unit 1 Toronto, ON M9A 5T4
- Installation of fare collection systems, including system hardware, electrical connections and sub-assemblies (parts). Key responsibilities include:
- Setting up equipment and components
- Performing site inspections of installations
- Providing commissioning support both pre-installation and post-installation
- Supervising, participating in and reporting on tests performed in the field
- Providing warranty and post-warranty support
- Perform quality check sand full functionality tests on all systems, including:
- Supervising and/or performing all tests required by contract
- Scheduling and/or performing preventative maintenance work
- Providing documentation and logs of all preventative work
- Repair, troubleshoot, modify and test Fare Collection equipment, including:
- Repairing subassemblies at a workbench
- Scheduling maintenance work
- Tracking defective parts, shipment sand repairs
- Performing upgrades on equipment
- Preparing repair reports
- Providing extensive quality support during all phases of device testing
- Provide coaching and support for customer personnel. This includes introducing the customer to offerings which can improve efficiencies and operations, supporting staff on both the use and functions of all equipment, and demonstrating recommended maintenance procedures using hands-on methodology.
- Provides on-call support as required, including covering scheduled on-call rotations; providing on-site emergency service with short notice; and responding to customer trouble calls, close incident reports and follow-up.
- Maintains accurate, ethical reporting of appropriate business documents, including but not limited to:
- Updating service delivery systems as required
- Service activity follow-up
- Activity-based time reporting
- Timely completion of installation and related reports
- Managing email communications
- Timely and accurate submission of expense reports
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to add value to the organization; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed, and providing the management & sales teams with information to approach new opportunities.
- Takes the initiative to stay current on all products, technology and service advancements in order to perform job responsibilities at the highest level.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 Years or more relevant experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of electromechanical equipment
- Has the ability to stand, squat and bend for prolonged period of time
- Proficient in handling small parts and tools
- Travel - This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites within the assigned local territory, as well as 20% or more of their time to travel in support of projects outside their assigned territory. Must always maintain a clear and valid driver's license.
- Customer-Centric Attitude - Conducts daily business with a strong sense of customer understanding and sensitivity to ensure the needs of the customer are met and accurately represented
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Effective Communication - Has strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; communicates effectively in group problem solving situations; uses business logic to resolve conflict, even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; agrees to and is flexible to putting in the necessary hours to perform their duties and to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: CGRresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.