Day Shift Highway Dispatcher
2160 Buckingham Road Toronto, ON L6L 6M7 | Direct Hire
Position: Day Shift Highway Dispatcher
Hours: 8 am to 5:30 pm
Salary: $58K to $65K depending on experience plus benefits
Our client in Oakville has over fifty years of experience in logistics/distribution including transportation, warehousing and all associated information support systems. They are a third-party logistics company looking for a Dispatcher who has experience in the industry to work within a customer-focused environment. Reporting to the Senior Fleet Manager, the primary role of the Dispatcher is routing drivers, performing administrative duties, providing customer service, coordinating contractor activities and securing of loads to balance freight activity.
Are you a self-starter who is looking for a long-term career in a fast paced, exciting environment?
- Communicate with drivers (both Company and Owner Operators) daily regarding issues, schedules, dispatch instructions, etc.
- Set up custom entries, PARS and PAPS, set up ACE and ACI trips; deal with any issues through Customs web portals
- Maintain High Safety Standards by using knowledge of DOT, MTO regulations, Hours of Service, E-logs
- Work to utilize Fleet Assets to maximum capacity and revenue through contact with other carriers and load brokers
- Build strong relationships with customers & carriers and company’s 3PL group.
- Quote rates to customers as required
- Communicate service issues as required and develop solutions
- Research carrier cost discrepancies
- Work with Finance Department.
- Order entry and daily tracking
- Ongoing carrier sourcing
- Update Freight Logix Daily
- Complete productivity reports as required
- Assist with driver recruitment
- 5+ years’ experience in a Freight Brokerage environment
- 5+ years’ experience in dealing with carriers and negotiating pricing
- Well versed in Microsoft Office, Excel, etc.
- Ability to multi task as required
- Above average organizational skills
- Knowledge of Highway Traffic Act
- Exposure to Accellos/Freight Logix technology platforms desirable, knowledge of use of Custom portals, High Jump, Fleet Complete tracking, E-logs
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to MACresume@bagg.com