40 King Street West, Suite 5800 London, ON M5H 3S1
Salary up to $60,000 + Benefits + 3 Weeks' Vacation
Our client, a well-respected law firm with a presence across Canada seeks a Corporate Paraprofessional to support very busy Lawyers in their London office, in the Corporate Law department. The successful candidate will bring five years' experience as a Corporate Paraprofessional ideally from a mid to large sized firm. The Corporate Paraprofessional will perform a variety of legal and administrative duties as well as coordinating and drafting complex transactions. You will work in a collaborative team environment and liaise with clients, lawyers, and other stakeholders to build and maintain strong working relationships. If you thrive in a fast paced and dynamic work environment and have experience in Corporate Law, then this may the opportunity for you!
- Perform a variety of legal and administrative duties in the area of corporate law such as coordinating and drafting corporate resolutions, notices, agreements and other ancillary documents in connection with complex transactions.
- Draft complex share provisions and documents pertaining to corporate and tax reorganizations financings and share or asset purchase transactions.
- Conduct corporate minute book reviews and prepare reports. Conduct corporate searches and analyzing filings
- Draft a variety of different legal documents relating to incorporations, organizations etc.
- Research and interpret legal and technical procedures, statutes, and regulations applicable to area of practice.
- Maintain and review corporate records, securities ledgers and registers, including uploading executed documents to virtual minute books.
- Liaise with clients, lawyers, students and public officials and mentor intermediate and junior clerks.
- Assist with fee quotes for large corporate projects.
- Additional duties as required
- 5 or more years' experience as a Corporate Paraprofessional ideally from a mid to large sized firm, including experience with transactions
- Paralegal Certification is required
- Excellent knowledge of federal and provincial corporate statutes and corporate procedures
- A professional attitude with the ability to use discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Client focused with a positive attitude and a team player
- Flawless communication and organizational skills
- An ability to work independently, accurately and efficiently on multiple files simultaneously
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: KROresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.