Collection Agent (Banking)
3500 Steeles Ave E Toronto, Ontario L3R
Our client, a leading Canadian banking institution, is looking for Collection Officer to join their team.
Job Number: 60833
Pay Rate: $ 17.34 /Hr
Location: 3500 Steeles Ave E, Markham
Duration: 3 Month Contract
Hours: M 12 to 8, T to F 10 am to 8 pm, Saturday 9 to 5 flexible to work within the schedule.
Must have good credit score and clear criminal record
• Handle all inbound calls on delinquent accounts, regardless of who the account has been assigned to.
• Recommend solutions on delinquent accounts such as Deferral payments, Re-writes and Repossessions.
• Escalates accounts and issues according to Collections policies & procedures.
Display professional telephone etiquette when communicating with customers.
• Assist team members in contacting past-due accounts to achieve team and individual targets on a monthly basis.
• Actively manage a queue of past-due accounts to ensure company delinquency and write-off targets remain at acceptable levels.
• Initiate outbound calls to all delinquent customers based on timing tree.
• Perform basic skip tracing functions when required.
• Must display a high professional manner, along with sound judgment and decision making skills
• You are passionate about providing superior customer service and are comfortable engaging in conversations, regarding the customer's financial situation , while being challenged with meeting and exceeding your productivity targets
• You possess excellent listening and verbal communication skills and demonstrate a sincere approach to helping others
• You are a self starter who will take the initiative to obtain solutions and are able to stay focused, pay attention to detail and follow established operating procedures
• You are comfortable working independently and within a team environment.
• Strong negotiating skills
• Proficiency using PC applications including strong keyboarding skills and the ability to work with multiple technological platforms and product systems
• Be proactively engaged in identifying and recommending opportunities and solutions for process improvements
• A commitment to self-development with a passion for goal achievement
• Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to:
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.