Collateral Settlements Officer (Securities-Banking)
77 King St W Toronto, Ontario M5K
Our client, a leading financial institution, is looking for a Collateral Settlements Officer to join their team for a 6 month contract!
Opportunity Number: #62018
Job Title: Collateral Settlements Officer
Location: Downtown Toronto - King Street West @ York Street
Pay Rate: $22.39/hour
Contract Duration: 6 months, with the possibility of extension
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm (some overtime required)
The Collateral Settlements and Operations Team is based in Toronto and provides support to the Margin Account Group (MAG) in Toronto, New York, London, and Singapore. The Team includes functions pertaining to CDS Settlements, Coupons/Corporate Actions & daily Collateral Cash movements.
The position is responsible for a variety of key operational processes in support of MAG within the Securities division. As a Collateral Settlements Officer, you will participate fully as a member of the team and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Process daily settlements of all Collateral Security & Cash movements.
- Understand and maintain the process of transactions from MAG
- Reconcile data within RCM including investigation and escalation of outstanding position & cash breaks
- Follow up on exceptions, identify their causes and escalate for resolution.
- Provide a high level of service in assisting process partners to identify, locate and resolve differences.
- Escalate client issues as appropriate - ensure communication with key stakeholders elsewhere in Operations & Technology
- Develop and maintain working relationships with internal partners for the purposes of delivering optimal customer service
- Adhere to operating standards and processes
- Quick learner - ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to learn and take on additional tasks as needed
- Advanced Excel skills (test may be required)
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Finance
- Previous experience with collateral settlements is an asset
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to:
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.