130 Adelaide St. W. 15th Floor, Suite 15 Toronto, ON M5H 3P5
Our government sector client is looking for a Business Analyst to join their team for a 1-year contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and evaluating business systems and user needs.
- Analyzing and translating business requirements into formal request documents and preparing executive summaries for management presentation and committee review.
- Developing and documenting functional business requirements to enable the identification and definition of detailed business requirements and use cases based on document review, discussion and other capturing methods.
- Ensuring accuracy, timeliness and retention of reports, measurements and documentation to contribute to audit readiness.
- Facilitating and coordinating periodic reconciliation of owned assets as required.,
- Facilitating, leading, or participating in business process changes associated with system deployment or the rollout of new business programs and processes.
- This includes the development, documentation and presentation of business cases justifying the allocation of work, and the acquisition of internal or contracted resources.
- Tracking and managing the Work Order, Purchase Order and Change Notice Process including interacting with both external vendors and internal customers to ensure timely tracking, responses and follow-up is completed as needed to keep the process moving forward
- Performing procurement forecasting, tracking and analysis and fulfillment associated with measuring the performance levels of specific operating assets.
- Working within the Asset Management team to develop, maintain and publish regular key business metrics / performance measures to gauge effectiveness of the tool relative to business strategies. Identifying risks associated with the business and any potential impact on the operation.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Information Technology, or the equivalent, combined with several years of related work experience in accounting, financial systems, and financial processes as well as enrolment in or possession of a professional Canadian accounting designation such as CPA, CA; CPA, CMA; or CPA, CGA
- Good knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply accounting principles and practices involving financial record-keeping, journal voucher preparation, budgeting methods, account analysis and reconciliation
- Working knowledge of various internal controls (manual, general IT controls and application controls), and demonstrated ability to use these controls to mitigate the financial risks inherent in large, complex and changing IT systems
- Good knowledge of and experience with systems analysis and designing; and knowledge of business processes, system and end-user documentation concepts and practices
- Proficient in the use of a PC and computer software (Microsoft Office products) with strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Demonstrated experience in developing and debugging back office automation including Visual Basic Macros and other tools
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to exercise sound business judgement to identify unusual transactions, balances or circumstances; and highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills; and demonstrated ability to co-ordinate efforts of others to accomplish objectives
- Excellent attention to detail including ability to perform work accurately and precisely; ability to keep current with industry developments/market trends regarding information systems and accounting; and flexible to work in a changing environment
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: CCEresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.