Bookkeeper & Office Administrator
155 Wellington Street West, Suite 3720 Suite 3720 Toronto, ON M5V 3H1 | Direct Hire
Bookkeeper & Office Administrator (Reporting to the CEO)
Salary Up to $75,000 + Company Bonus + 3 weeks Vacation
Our client, a boutique investment firm in the Capital Markets and M&A space, with over 40 years of proven success in the Canadian marketplace seeks a Bookkeeper/Office Administrator. The Bookkeeper/Office Administrator will be part of a growing team and will report directly to the CEO. If you are seeking a challenging yet meaningful role , this opportunity is for you. Hours are 9-5pm with little overtime and the option to work from home 1 to 2 days a week.
- 5+ years of bookkeeping experience
- 7+ years of Administration support
- 5+ years of Administration support to senior level executives
- Ability to work well with others;
- Willingness to take on new tasks;
- Proficiency in accounting. An accounting designation is not required, but it would be preferred;
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Pay all bills (categorize each bill by account number, extract HST, input into A/P, post, print cheques and post into the G/L) (Sage 300c);
- Prepare invoices for fees due from clients;
- Input monthly journal entries;
- Reconcile bank statements;
- Prepare and Net File HST returns quarterly;
- Prepare year end schedules for the auditor;
- Work with the auditor to finalize year end statements;
- Prepare monthly statements within 15 days of month end;
- Make all bank deposits;
- Liaise with the bank and provide them with regular reporting, as required;
- Prepare monthly KPI reports;
- Oversee and manage all payroll functions (semi-monthly). This includes payment of Source Deductions on a semi-monthly basis, payment of EHT on a monthly basis and preparation of T4 slips and T4 Summary at year end (Easypay).
- Pick up and drop off mail and distribute such;
- Arrange for courier pick up and receipt of courier packages;
- Answer the general telephone line, when required;
- Greet guests and make sure that they are properly directed to the right boardroom and settled;
- Order all office/kitchen supplies;
- Negotiate and renew office insurance annually;
- Renew annual firm memberships;
- File monthly reports to the Ontario Securities Commission;
- Work with the CEO to complete an annual review of the Policies, Procedures
- Update, on a weekly basis, the Revenue Forecast and Summary of Prospects;
- When required, proof read various information packages prepared by others in the firm;
- Work with various staff members in arranging events, such as our annual Christmas party and closing dinners.
- Booking travel;
- Preparing expenses reports;
- Booking dinner/golf reservations;
- Preparation of letters and other documents for the CEO.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: DPNresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.