Bilingual Talent Acquisition Specialist
3500 Steeles Ave E Toronto, Ontario L3R | Temporary
Our client, a leading financial institution, is looking for a Bilingual Talent Acquisition Specialist to join their team for a 6-month contract! Bilingualism (French/English) is a requirement!
Job Title: Bilingual Talent Acquisition Specialist
Location: Markham, Victoria Park and Steeles
Pay Rate: $22.50/hour
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm, Based on business needs at the time, overtime hours are possible
Contract Duration: 6 months
Must have good credit score and clear criminal record
Job Summary: The Talent Acquisition (TA) Compliance Specialist is responsible for the investigation and adjudication of pre-employment background check escalations related to background check alert(s) (including but not limited to credit, criminal, education, work history and SIFT alerts). The TA Specialist is also responsible for accurate tracking, maintenance, validation and auditing of the book of record to ensure accurate reflection and storage of required documentation.
- The TA Compliance Specialist acts as a consultant between the Talent Acquisition and HR Communities offering insight and investigative expertise to mitigate the risks related to the pre-employment and hiring processes.
- The TA Compliance Specialist will conduct accurate investigations into pre-employment background check escalation alerts, by gathering the necessary documentation and applying the proper interpretation of internal policy, risk appetite and applicable employment laws as related to pre-employment background check escalations.
- The TA Compliance Specialist will advise and counsel the Talent Acquisition community on Bank policy interpretation related to pre-employment and hiring and act as a subject matter expert on applicable pre-employment laws and regulations.
- Investigates all pre-employment background check escalation alerts (including but not limited to all criminal, credit, education & employment alerts) by contacting candidates to gather, review & investigate documentation and information as required to gain a wholesome, factual understanding of the alert(s)
- Understands and interprets investigated alerts in the context of role and regulatory requirements and internal risk appetite with support of decisionary matrix
- Identifies and escalates alerts of heighted risk and liaises with various internal partners (including Team Lead/Manager and Employee Relations) for support / approval as required
- Supports in mitigating risk associated with pre-employment and hiring processes by ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and identifying and escalating issues as required
- Maintains line of communication between Talent Acquisition partners, Employee Relations, Legal, and Candidate and adjudicates escalations in a timely manner
- Remains current on external legal and regulatory changes related to hiring and recommends process changes and improvements as needed to ensure ongoing compliance
- Tracks, maintains, validates & audits the book of record (Helpdesk) to ensure accurate reflection and storage of required documentation
- Coordinates with differing HR, Business and Compliance partners on various employment audits as required
- Some ad hoc reporting may be required
- Strong knowledge of the Bank's HR policies and recruitment procedures
- Strong knowledge of applicable federal and provincial employment laws
- Demonstrated skills in ability to conduct complex end-to-end investigative analysis, including data gathering, and interpretation and presentation of findings, including recommendations
- Proven ability to deal with sensitive matters in an objective, diplomatic, confidential and supportive manner
- Excellent communication, presentation and interview skills and proven abilities of confidence in dealing with all levels of staff
- Highly organized self-starter with excellent analytical, problem-solving, time management and customer service skills
- Detail oriented, high level of accuracy and ability to work independently and within team setting
- Bilingualism (French/English) is a requirement!
University degree or equivalent experience preferred
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: BMRresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.