Bilingual Receptionist - Temporary
250 Dundas Street West Suite 500 Toronto, ON M5T 2Z5
Compensation: $18 per hour
Our client, a not for profit organization, is looking for a Bilingual Receptionist temporary basis. The Bilingual Receptionist has a shared responsibility for the coordination of general donor administration and inquiries including handling both inbound and outbound calls. The role will ensure that all members, clients, volunteers and the public are introduced to the organization in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.
General Reception Duties
- Politely and courteously answers all in-coming telephone calls and re-direct to appropriate destination
- Transfers voicemail messages to various staff, return caller messages and handles general inquiries
- Greets and directs all visitors in a polite and professional manner and contact appropriate staff
- Promptly escalates calls appropriately
- Receives and re-directs (where required) general email queries received through the organization’s e-mail address
- Upon receiving, processes daily mail sorted by office administration – advises department contacts that mail is available for pick up at reception
- Contacts security in the event of an office related emergency, e.g. unknown individual having access to the office
Office Service Duties
- Communicates office issues to all staff
- Coordinates necessary repairs that are the responsibility of property management
- Coordinates shredding for office
- Identifies and responds to all office maintenance issues/inquiries (repairs, temperature, carpet stains, lighting, security, etc.)
- Manages supplying of kitchen needs including an inventory of paper towels, dish & hand soap, pop etc.
- Supervises kitchen cleanliness daily as well as larger projects like fridge & appliance cleaning
- Coordinates supply of coffee/dairy with the provider including machine repair
- Post-secondary education with at least 2-3 years related reception experience, including 2 years of customer service experience or the equivalent education and experience
- Fluency in both English and French (spoken & written)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and always use sound judgement.
- Has excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize effectively
- Demonstrated skills in Windows programs (Word/Excel/PowerPoint and Outlook) and a knowledge of database programs. Experience working with a fundraising database would be considered an asset
- Ability to manage multiple assignments with various timelines
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure during high-volume periods.
- Willingness to volunteer/participate at special fundraising events
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: JSHresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.