Bilingual (FR/EN) Junior Accounting Analyst
372 Bay Street Suite 2100 Toronto, ON M5H 2W9
Our Client, a leading Bank of Canada, is looking for a Bilingual (FR/EN) Junior Accounting Analyst to start immediately.
Hours: 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday (Must be flexible for overtime hours/including rotational Saturdays)
Contract: 6 months (Temp to Perm a possibility)
Location: Toronto Financial District
*Must be able to pass a Credit Check and Criminal Background Check.*
Responsible for the analysis and reconciliation of multiple line of products that includes daily balance sheet reconciliation of the internal platform and ensuring the previous day’s work by various Operations teams and Settlement teams are properly accounted for.
- Reconciliation of suspense/internal accounts related to a number of line of products.
- Investigate and escalate any discrepancies/issues and make recommendations to appropriate parties
- Communicates and collaborates with various Operations teams and/or Settlement teams to process changes to clear outstanding items.
- Prepares reclass and adjusting journal entries when required.
- Creates and updates procedures and policies.
- Assists in the preparation of Quarterly Binder for Certification Letter sign off.
- Provides support on internal and external audits.
- Monitors, sort and distribute the group mailbox and responds to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Maintains good working relationships with internal and external clients to better achieve the department’s objectives.
- Verifies own work for accuracy, clarity, and completeness, and ensures compliance with internal and external audit and regulatory requirements.
- Participates and carries out any other similar or general task at the request of their superior or that may be required by their function.
- Must be fluent in French and English (written, verbal, reading)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to communicate effectively with all levels of stakeholders
- University Degree or College Diploma in Accounting or Finance with 1+ years of relevant experience
- Completion or working towards a designation (CFA, CPA, etc.) is an asset
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and Outlook (MS Access an asset)
- Demonstrated knowledge of banking, mortgage, investment loan, self-directed, securities, and other lending products.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work in a high volume environment with tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational, time-management, and multitasking skills.
- Positive attitude and highly motivated to learn and grow in the position.
- Ability to quickly learn different software and inquiry functions
Click “Apply on line” or send your resume by email to BRHresume@bagg.com; please indicate the job title in the subject line
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process