Assistant Warehouse Manager
7315 Rapistan Crt Mississauga, ON L5N 5Z4
Position: Assistant Warehouse Manager
Hours: Monday to Friday 10:00am to 6:30pm
Location: Mississauga - (Winston Churchill and 401 Area)
Salary: up to 75K depending on experience + Benefits + DPSP
Perks: Continued education via company’s University program
Our Mississauga client is seeking an Assistant Warehouse Manager to join their team. The right candidate will be promoted to Warehouse Manager.
Awarded “Modern Distribution Management’s Top 40” makes this company a leader in MRO industry. This client is an industrial distributor of high-performance products that aid in assisting customers to achieve improved operational efficiency through their products, services and solutions.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in an industrial environment and possess exceptional leadership skills along with a thorough understanding of operations and order processing. If you want to work with a company that supports the growth and enhancement of their employees this opportunity is for you.
- Responsible for effective and accurate movement and storage of over 300,000 product codes in the warehouse.
- Directly manage and support a team of two Warehouse Supervisors and up to 30 warehouse and maintenance staff.
- Assist in forecasting and trending of labor and resources required to meet fundamental KPIs; productivity, order quality, turnaround times, staffing etc.
- Actively participate in leading various continuous improvement initiative programs to positively impact bottom line as well as identify and eliminating process waste.
- Ensure orders are dispatched timely, according to destination & with proper quantities.
- Utilize and interpret data to identify trends to perform quarterly analysis of all operational supply’s usage, spending and implement cost controls when necessary.
- Ensure compliance with MOL & participate in planning associate safety and plant protection activities.
- Prepare all documentation for repairs, requisition or replacement of equipment.
- Review and develop standard work instructions for relevant warehouse procedures and ensure timely documented training of team members.
- Actively participate in coaching, mentoring, disciplinary action etc. of warehouse staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Up to 10 years experience in a team lead or supervisory role in operations/warehousing environment
- Thorough understanding of shipping, receiving and order processing.
- Knowledge of RF Scanning in a distribution pick-pack-ship environment.
- Experience working with SAP or a similar WM system.
- Forklift certification is an asset.
- Experience with LEAN, Six Sigma etc. is considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Exceptional organizational, problem solving and leadership skills.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to LSFresume@bagg.com quoting job #64842
View all of our job postings at?www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.