Apprentice Millwright Mechanic - 2nd Shift
945 B South Gate Drive GTA-West, ON N1L 0B9
Our very entrepreneurial client who is expanding, has opened a new location in Ontario and is looking for an Apprentice Millwright Mechanic. You will provide hands-on support and expertise in the maintenance services and repair process while following safety rules and regulations.
The successful candidate will report to the Maintenance Manager and be responsible for the repair of plant equipment as well as preventative maintenance to ensure uninterrupted day to day operations.
Machine lines must run constantly, and the ideal candidate is accustomed to multi-tasking and “always putting out fires!”
Key Responsibilities include:
- Perform general mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs
- Conduct regular inspections and troubleshoot systems and components as required in the plant with minimum downtime
- Conduct regularly assigned preventative maintenance, thorough inspections of mechanical systems including conveyor systems, air compressor systems, lighting, and racking
- Should be versed with pipe cutting, bending and threading equipment, have a good understanding of pumps, valves and applications
- Must have knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems and installations, power transmission systems, chains, belts, gear drives, speed reducers and pulley ratios
- Must be able to read mechanical blue prints, do some arc and gas welding as well as cutting with a torch.
- Maintain a safe working environment with good housekeeping
- Perform any and all other assignments from time to time as management directs
- Post-secondary education in a technical mechanical field
- Experience in electrical maintenance and repair
- Pneumatic licenses for air/hydraulics/machinery operator (all)/welding an asset
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced warehouse environment, continually adapting to change and ability to work under pressure
- Familiarity and conformance with legislated requirements of the OHSA
- Effective interpersonal, communication skills, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime if required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, standing for long periods, and walking
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a continual basis
If you are qualified for this role and feel that it is a good fit for you, please submit your resume to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job #63326?
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.