Accounts Receivable Clerk - Food Industry
2345 Stanfield Rd Unit 50 Mississauga, ON L4Y 3Y3
Location: South Mississauga
The successful candidate will report to the Financial Controller and have experience in an A/R role from the food manufacturing industry and be able to wear many hats. You will learn the A/P function as well and become one of their Floaters, helping as needed.
Do you have accounting experience working in Deductions with Clients such as Costco, Walmart, Loblaws, Sobeys etc.?
Our client is one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies is looking for an Accounts Receivable Clerk to add to their team. This is a family owned company who has been in the business for over 50 years and has achieved incredible growth by continuously improving their products and processes. This is the type of company that values its members and many employees have built long careers ranging from 10 to 40years!
Because this is not a corporate environment, you have more flexibility to make contributions that can bring about change. If you get your work done, your boss will give you complete independence. There is never a dull moment and a sense of humour will get you through the day!
- Keep track and process & setup new accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivable
- Prepare invoices and bank deposits
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify discrepancies and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Verify deductions with appropriate backup. Resolve deduction discrepancies with customers.
- Complete truck distribution sheet process as well as record freight amounts
- Prepare backup pertaining to commission
- Assist Accounts Payable with minor tasks as needed
- Minimum 2 years experience in Accounts Receivables within the food manufacturing sector
- Strong experience investigating and reconciling deductions on invoices
- Experience using client systems such as Costco, Walmart, Loblaws, Sobeys etc
- Post Secondary education in an Accounting program is an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with MS Office Suite, especially Excel
- EDI and UNIX exposure is an asset
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job #63060
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.